Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Blind Cigar Review: La Aurora | 100 Años Belicoso (OR 2003)
rhetorik 01:47 PM 10-15-2013
Vital Stats:

Vitola: Torpedo
Length: 6.25″
Ring Gauge: 52
Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Dominican Corojo
Binder: Dominican Corojo
Filler: Dominican Corojo
Factory: E. León Jimenes Tabacalera
Blender: Guillermo Leon
Number of reviewers: 4 —– Craig (WyldKnyght) Robert (NavyPiper) Derek (StogieNinja) Emmett (rhetorik)
Price: $13.00
Release Date: 2003
Contributed by: Blind Man’s Puff

Initial Impressions

Appearance: 91
Aroma: 91
Construction: 91

First Third

Flavor: 89
Strength: Medium
Body/Complexity: Medium

“From the first puff, I like it. There’s wood, cashews, sweetness, hints of cedar and leather, toasted marshmallow, and just a little ligero kick. At about an inch in, the sweetness tastes distinctly like a sugar cone, like you’d get at Baskin Robins, and there’s a touch of clove spice as well. The smoke is thick and creamy. I’m loving this one.” -Derek (StogieNinja)

Second Third

Flavor: 92

“At the start of the second third, I get some more interesting flavor transitions. A definite nut flavor and some hints of baking spices. Underlying tone is pretty Woody at the moment. The finish is still a little papery, but becoming more peppery.” -Emmett (rhetorik)

Final Third

Flavor: 91

“Wow what a shift! Almost as soon as I hit this third, flavors had a major shift to pepper, clove, and another spice I can’t name. Nicotine is coming in this third. Almost like a different cigar! Then half way into the third, just as fast, it shifted again, back to the original flavors of the first third, with maybe a wee bit of cocoa. This stick kept me on my toes and guessing what I was gonna find next!” -Robert (NavyPiper)

Overall Impressions

Draw: 94
Burn: 90
Overall Strength: Medium
Overall Body/Complexity: Medium
Overall Experience: 90

“Overall this was a good consistent cigar, other than the burn issue. There was lots of creamy smoke and smooth flavors of wood and hay. I would give this cigar another shot.” -Craig (WyldKnyght)

“I really liked this cigar. It had good flavors, and it kept me guessing what I was gonna experience next. It grew in boldness, but never overpowered me. The nicotine kick was enough to let you know it was there, but again not overpowering.” -Robert (NavyPiper)

Smoking Time (in minutes): 95

Total Score: 91 (Very Good)

To view the original review with pictures, go to www.BlindMansPuff.com
[Reply]
icehog3 03:29 PM 10-15-2013
You know you are able to post pictures here, right? :-)
[Reply]
Up