Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>I'm perplexed...
blugill 01:47 PM 10-15-2013
While I was working at Walmart I can attest to the fact that lots of the new working poor are on EBT. Most of my former coworkers were on EBT as they weren't making enough to live on. I saw a couple I'm friends with also on EBT.
He works two part time jobs and I know he'd take a third if there were that many hours in the day.

They have an autistic son and my friend's wife is going to college full time to be a teacher.

To me this is what the program is for. People that are working and need a helping hand.
I'm fully aware of the fraudulent side of things as well, like when I drive home from work and by the DHS office and see the cars that are way nicer than my 2001 Tahoe.
[Reply]
pektel 02:19 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by blugill:
While I was working at Walmart I can attest to the fact that lots of the new working poor are on EBT. Most of my former coworkers were on EBT as they weren't making enough to live on. I saw a couple I'm friends with also on EBT.
He works two part time jobs and I know he'd take a third if there were that many hours in the day.

They have an autistic son and my friend's wife is going to college full time to be a teacher.

To me this is what the program is for. People that are working and need a helping hand.
I'm fully aware of the fraudulent side of things as well, like when I drive home from work and by the DHS office and see the cars that are way nicer than my 2001 Tahoe.
Exactly my sentiments. There are people out there who honestly need the programs, and with that I have no problem helping out monetarily.

The problem is with others defrauding government programs. We want everyone to be morally sound, and ethical when using these programs. But I fear that as long as there is a way to manipulate the system, there will be those that do.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 04:00 PM 10-15-2013
Earlier this year there was a big hoopla about people using the ebt cards to get cash out of the ATMs at t!tty bars.
[Reply]
the nub 05:05 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
Earlier this year there was a big hoopla about people using the ebt cards to get cash out of the ATMs at t!tty bars.
that's crazy! do you know how much the transaction fees are for those?!?!
[Reply]
galaga 05:15 PM 10-15-2013
There are transaction fees at the titty bars???

Guess I have gone in awhile......:-)
[Reply]
Blinky 05:36 PM 10-15-2013
I'm In mass and they are finding millions in fraud with ebt. Mass also has some of the highest payouts in the us. It's not uncommon for people to be getting 50k plus annually. Mind you these are people that have never worked so its not based on their income from previous jobs. People here have been found using dead relatives socials to get additional benefits. My sister has 2 kids and works full time and struggles. She lost 20 bucks on the train this morning and it makes a big difference to her..lguess what? She doesn't qualify for anything...luckily she has a great support system (family) or else shed be in really bad shape.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up