Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>What do you guys think about this story?
pkny1 05:45 PM 09-20-2013
I wonder if an insurance claim can be put in on those cars 40 yrs later? "

"Yeah Hi.. 40 yrs ago I loaned my car to someone and it never came back? I was wondering if you could send an adjuster down to tell me if its totaled.. seems the police have found it!"
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:54 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
What lungs? They have been fish food for 40 years. :-)
and this solves another mystery :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 06:01 PM 09-20-2013
My buddy had a modified big block '69 camaro almost identical to this one back in the early seventies, right down to the factory racing strip on the snout. I remember cruising in it many times, and the feeling of the G forces when he punched it. I can totally see these guys having a few beers, maybe a toke or two, taking a wrong turn, punching it and - whoooops.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:01 PM 09-20-2013
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Foss+...ed=0CAgQ_AUoAg

Is this it? Doesn't show how the roads were back 40 years ago.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 06:05 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by Genetic Defect:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Foss+...ed=0CAgQ_AUoAg

Is this it? Doesn't show how the roads were back 40 years ago.
It says there is a boat ramp there. So there has to be a road somewhere.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:06 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks:
It says there is a boat ramp there. So there has to be a road somewhere.
okay, maybe the roads didn't really change much. I'm thinking 44S would be the road that they went off from.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 06:10 PM 09-20-2013
Maybe a small dirt road. That leads to the lake. Or maybe a parking lot
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:14 PM 09-20-2013
we probably never know.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 06:29 PM 09-20-2013
[Reply]
pkny1 06:30 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by Genetic Defect:
okay, maybe the roads didn't really change much. I'm thinking 44S would be the road that they went off from.
it does seem like the perfect road to do 130mph down at night.. pretty secluded and straight. Given the intensity of incandescent headlamps back then...could def see someone veering off that road. Besides some of the curves.. deer? elk? oxen? bigfoot? looks like many ways to end up in the lake. Surprised 6/6 people didn't make it tho.. usually 1 or 2 get out alive.. I'm a tow operator.. and I see people survive some really iffy stuff out there on the road.. and 9/10 times no air bags go off.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:41 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks:
nice :-)
Originally Posted by pkny1:
it does seem like the perfect road to do 130mph down at night.. pretty secluded and straight. Given the intensity of incandescent headlamps back then...could def see someone veering off that road. Besides some of the curves.. deer? elk? oxen? bigfoot? looks like many ways to end up in the lake. Surprised 6/6 people didn't make it tho.. usually 1 or 2 get out alive.. I'm a tow operator.. and I see people survive some really iffy stuff out there on the road.. and 9/10 times no air bags go off.
Good point, you would think someone would have survived.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up