Review # 79
$6 - $8
5.5 x 50
Filler: Nicaragua, Honduras, Cameroon
Binder: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Wrapper: Habano

Prelight: Dry cedar, hay, woody

1st 1/3
Pepper blast right off, dry oak, slightly creamy smooth, nutty, medium body, perfect draw, lots of smoke
Lingering pepper on the tongue with the oak, sloped burn line so far.

A stick that demands to be smoked slow to keep it from going bitter

2nd 1/3
Creaminess going away, nutty note increasing along with the pepper but not overwhelming, some kind of slightly sweet note here and earthy along with the pleasant woody after taste.

Burn line self corrected, the medium body makes the flavor profile work and if it was full body it might have been unbearable as a pepper bomb for my taste.

Last 1/3
The smooth creaminess returns slightly with the dominate pepper and oak notes staying in the front.

Smoking it slow is paying off with the combination of described flavors on the palate
Some barnyard flavors drift in also.

I prefer more of an oily, meaty, full flavor cigar but many love this sticks profile, maybe just down your alley as a everyday stick.

Smoke time: 1hr 20min
Score: 7.5 out of 10
[Reply]
Dunkel 05:36 PM 08-25-2013
IMO one of the worst RP sticks I've tried. The picture of it made me cringe.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 05:50 PM 08-25-2013
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
IMO one of the worst RP sticks I've tried. The picture of it made me cringe.
O well
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:44 AM 08-26-2013
Nice review Dan. Not a RP fan so... :-)
[Reply]
Outlaw God 06:11 AM 08-26-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Nice review Dan. Not a RP fan so... :-)
I'm not a big fan of AB cigars ether except the ''The Fix'' love those

The Fusion Robusto here was 2 years sleeping that makes the worst sticks better.
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:41 AM 08-26-2013
Originally Posted by Outlaw God:
2 years sleeping that makes the worst sticks better.
I'm not sure I agree with that statement.
If a cigar is awful, adding 2, 5, or 10 years of age, does not mean the cigar will become better.
I personally have had good cigars get worse with 2 years of aging, and have had cigars that were awful still be just as bad 2 years later.
There are some who prefer their cigars strong or "punchy".
They might argue that the cigars have lost something and aren't as enjoyable in just 2 years time.
[Reply]
dave 07:06 AM 08-26-2013
Thanks for the review! There was a time many years ago that I liked these in the lancero. Box of ten was a cbid $19 back in 2008. For the price, it wasn't bad at all.
I will say that while I smoked quite a bit of RP back then, something has changed since. May be me; may be the cigars, I don't know. In fact, I revisited a maduro Cuban Blend this weekend - I used to love these -- but, I was quite disappointed and pitched it before the 1/2 point.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 07:47 AM 08-26-2013
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
If a cigar is awful, adding 2, 5, or 10 years of age, does not mean the cigar will become better.
I personally have had good cigars get worse with 2 years of aging, and have had cigars that were awful still be just as bad 2 years later.
They might argue that the cigars have lost something and aren't as enjoyable in just 2 years time.
Who knows, I'm crazy picky but it was some how pretty good
I know a lot of the members here that like the AB Tempest but hate it myself
I also love the Alec Bradley Prensado Robusto, ordered some more of those
[Reply]
pnoon 08:47 AM 08-26-2013
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
If a cigar is awful, adding 2, 5, or 10 years of age, does not mean the cigar will become better.I personally have had good cigars get worse with 2 years of aging, and have had cigars that were awful still be just as bad 2 years later.
You got THAT right.
[Reply]
T.G 09:36 AM 08-26-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
You got THAT right.
As my departed friend Keith ("SkidMarx") used to say:
"We have an old Indian proverb for this. Aging buffalo droppings does not make it a cherry pie. It makes it a dusty turd."
[Reply]
Up