Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Popping in again
Sonic04GT 06:11 PM 08-11-2013
Hello all! I used to post/browse this place religiously but once I started school last January it mostly consumed me. I got my Helicopter Flight Instructor license a few months ago and got hired at my local flight school so now that has become my life, in both good and bad ways. Anyway, throughout that period of time I neglected to maintain my cigars and my humidors sat down around 48% I believe for a fair amount of time. I've now ditched both of my cheapo 50ct leaky humidors (tried reseasoning and still no dice) and went to a couple tupperdors instead.

Decided to give a Perdomo Lot 23 a shot yesterday after being a ziplock bag for a couple weeks and to be honest, it wasn't too bad at all. Small crack in the wrapper towards the foot but it didn't have too much of a negative impact.

I'm trying to find the time to get back into smoking, or at least maintain my cigars so I have a good one when I desire.

I guess my cousin's recent wedding may have had a play in this as well. She was busy getting ready morning of wedding day so I drove the 45 mins to the airport to pick her uncle up. He rewarded me with first choice from his travel humidor. I opted for the Fuente Anejo. Impressive smoke! He gave my brother a Partagas CC as well. Was nice to kick back and smoke with someone once again.

Here's the Perdomo, my second shot with this blend.

And here's one I lit up about a year ago. I gotta get more of these things.

[Reply]
kelmac07 06:13 PM 08-11-2013
Welcome back Chris.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 06:22 PM 08-11-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Welcome back Chris.
Thanks. I do recall seeing you around. Good to see you're still at it.
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:39 PM 08-11-2013
Welcome Back!
[Reply]
G G 07:05 PM 08-11-2013
Good to see you back.
[Reply]
.cigardude. 08:38 PM 08-11-2013
Welcome back to the forum and congrats on the license.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 08:41 PM 08-11-2013
Thanks guys.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:00 PM 08-11-2013
I picked up some of the P23s off the devil site awhile back and they were, for me, great smokes for at work during lunch or when I could just head outside for bit.

Welcome back and grats on the job!
[Reply]
big_jaygee 09:07 PM 08-11-2013
welcome back Chris
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 06:12 PM 08-16-2013
Thanks again.

Figured I'd get back into things a little bit by impulse buying. First cigar purchase in probably over 6 months. Was browsing the Cigar Monster Mega Mashup and saw the Lot 23s for $15, along with the Infernos which I recall being pretty good. $30 down I found a coupon for $10 off of $50 so naturally I had to bump my order up to $50.

$60+ worth of cigars for $50 and who doesn't need a little Baitfish...

ImageImageImage
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:44 PM 08-16-2013
Nice! I'm curious how the Infernos are.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 12:43 PM 08-17-2013
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Nice! I'm curious how the Infernos are.
I've heard pretty good things about them. Had one a while back and I remember enjoying it but I was a drunken idiot on the 4th of July and dropped it about halfway through haha

They're made by Oliva and I figured I'd give them another shot.
[Reply]
Up