Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>I smoked a good cigar yesterday, but....
ysr_racer 09:31 AM 07-21-2013
I'll be damned if I know what it was, or where I got it. I was at the shooting range, and after my lesson I smoked an unknown, un-banded cigar that had been sitting in the top of my humidor for a while,

Even the cigar "aficionados" I was with commented on it. Great taste (no spice), even burn, lots of smoke, but the draw was a little too light for me.

I know I got it from either Cardenas, Casilla's or Casillas in Sacramento CA, or the bargain bin at El Titan de Bronze in Miami, FL.

Oh well, I guess I have to keep looking :-)
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 10:14 AM 07-21-2013
I've got a few of these in the top drawer of my humidor as well. I dunno if they were gifted and the labels fell off or I just tossed 'em in there. I'm afraid to smoke them.....what if I like 'em lol? I'll never know what the hell they were.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:02 PM 07-21-2013
Excewllent review, I'll have to pick one up.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 04:38 PM 07-21-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Excewllent review, I'll have to pick one up.
Watch what you ask for around here lol.:-)
[Reply]
Simple1 04:47 PM 07-21-2013
It's like when you just throw a bunch of ingredients together and end up with an awesome meal that you'll never be able to duplicate.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 11:03 PM 07-21-2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nauLgZISozs
[Reply]
systm 12:21 PM 07-22-2013
I keep hearing great things about both of those places. I think it might be time to take a short drive down there.
[Reply]
ysr_racer 05:26 PM 07-22-2013
Casilla's and Casillas are two different places. One's downtown, and one's out by you.
[Reply]
dave 07:54 AM 07-23-2013
Had the same problem a couple/few times recently. It's getting old. I understand with factory seconds. But, no reason higher-end house brands and other premiums not to have bands. I have plenty of blank bands, so I accept a little of the responsibility for not labling them before storing, but I shouldn't have to.
[Reply]
systm 01:11 PM 07-28-2013
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
Casilla's and Casillas are two different places. One's downtown, and one's out by you.
I noticed that. The one closer to me apparently is a different setup than the ones closer to tower and Cardenas. Hit them up yesterday, I forgot the amazing selections that were to be had at Tower.
[Reply]
Up