Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>My summer vacation
ripper 02:47 PM 06-12-2013
My summer vacation in Maine & Massachusetts:
On the terrace at The Cliff House, Ogunquit ME: Pueblo Dominicano Toro ***
Eating 2 lobster rolls and shopping at LL Bean, Freeport ME: Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Robusto **
Watching Atlantic waves on the rocks from our 6th floor room patio at The Cliff House: My Uzi Weighs a Ton 11 *
After 3-lobster shore dinner at The Cliff House: Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo El Martillo ****
Walking, shopping and eating 2 lobster rolls at Perkins Cove, Ogunquit ME: San Lotano Habano Robusto ***
After fried clams, shrimp & scallops dinner at The Cliff House: Oliva Serie V Torpedo ****
Watching Stanley Cup playoffs on iPad from our room patio at The Cliff House: La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero 654 ***
Walking on Boylston Street in Boston for steak, lobster & lobster mac&cheese at Capital Grille: Liga Undercrown Gran Toro ***
Walking to Red Sox-Rangers game at Fenway Park: Man O’War Puro Authentico Oval *****
After fried clams & scallops, and lobster rolls at The Clam Box, Ipswich MA: San Lotano Habano Oval ***
Walking and shopping Bearskin Neck, Rockport MA: 601 Blue Box-Pressed Maduro Robusto ***
After lobster pie and 2 lobster rolls at Maine Diner, Wells ME: Kristoff Ligero Maduro Torpedo ****
[Reply]
stearns 02:52 PM 06-12-2013
sounds like you know how to do it right! my summer vacation is gonna include some good times in ogunquit as well (and hopefully as many lobsters as yours!). which smoke was your favorite of the trip?
[Reply]
yourchoice 03:05 PM 06-12-2013
Sounds like a good vacation. :-)

Originally Posted by stearns:
which smoke was your favorite of the trip?
Was going to ask the same thing, but then I was going to change my question to...

Are the * after each cigar the number of stars you gave each one?
[Reply]
ripper 03:17 PM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Sounds like a good vacation. :-)

Was going to ask the same thing, but then I was going to change my question to...

Are the * after each cigar the number of stars you gave each one?
Yes, the stars are ranked * for rolled-up Yellow Pages to ***** for celestial. Was a restaurant critic for daily newspapers for 21 years, so I prefer the star system.
The MUWAT 11 unraveled, had a tough draw and was a harsh cigar. A waste of money.
The MOW Puro Authentico Oval was a dream smoke. Contacted cigar.com about getting a box or at least a 10-pack, but they are only available in the AJ Fernandez Ovals Sampler. Was my maiden voyage to Fenway, so the cigar's superb taste made for a great walk to the ballpark.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 04:01 PM 06-12-2013
You still in Boston?
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 04:33 PM 06-12-2013
Sounds like you had a great vacation and got to enjoy some great cigars too. I've been thinking about picking up that Fernandez Ovals Sampler and based on your comments it sounds like an even better idea now :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:18 PM 06-12-2013
Sounds like you had (or are having) a great time!
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:19 PM 06-12-2013
Sounds like a damn fine time Bart. :-) :-)
[Reply]
ripper 05:26 PM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
You still in Boston?
They kicked me out after 2 days because the Red Sox lost. Did get a two-red socks logo cap that i wore to blend in with the rabble.
Maine was wonderful. Loved wild roses blooming everywhere. They were glad when we checked out because of my cigar smoke.
And that AJ Ovals sampler is a swell deal.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 06:29 PM 06-12-2013
Too bad. I work down the street from Cigar Masters, on boyleston. I was gonna see if you wanted to meet after I get outta work tomorrow, but never mind lol
[Reply]
equetefue 07:13 PM 06-12-2013
You living it large. Kudos !
[Reply]
bstarrs 11:22 AM 06-13-2013
Sounds like an awesome trip, the food even more so than the cigars.
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 07:06 AM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by bstarrs:
Sounds like an awesome trip, the food even more so than the cigars.
You beat me to it!
[Reply]
Up