Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Sports>Tebow to the Pats
jonharky 09:58 AM 06-11-2013
The onion news reported that tebow was their new long snapper :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:10 AM 06-11-2013
Glad he found a home.
[Reply]
shilala 12:48 PM 06-11-2013
I was very surprised when I heard Tebow was a Patriot.
Then I thought "what a perfect place for it to work". If there is a coach or organization in the world that can squash the zoo that is the media, Belichek and the Pats are it.
Tebow now has a team behind him and people who believe in him and will work with him. He's got to get better, and downright good.

I'm sort of directly opposite in thought as Peter on Tebow constantly speaking on his Faith. I love it. It directly counters all the nasty stuff that's on the radio, tv, etc. If he can draw one person to God and they're happier for it, I think he's given a huge gift. If his platform allows him to bring happiness to lots and lots of people, that's even better. Folks don't have to be moved by anything he says or does, either.

Believe it or not, he does talk football, too. I've heard him do it lots of times. :-)
Last year he wasn't even a ball player. This year I think we'll hear a lot more about his football career because he may actually have one in the offing. Elway didn't even want him, so he didn't get much stroke the year before last, either.

On the "showboating", I'd far rather see a guy express humility by blessing himself, pointing to the sky then congratulating his teammates, than doing front flips into the endzone, flexing, dancing and taunting like he did it all when it took a team.
When a guy gives God the credit, he's thanking Him for the ability and the grace to make the play, not that God ran him in like a puppet to win a bet. :-)
I'm okay with either way for the most part, I just like the humility better.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up