Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>30's German Wolff Hamburg Figurado
jjirons69 07:22 PM 06-03-2013
Been sitting on this jewel for a while and waiting for an opportune time to toast it - a 30's German Sumatra wrapper/Habana filler Wolff Hamburg Figurado (See http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...&postcount=454). David Shane told me 6 months ago to grow a pair and smoke it and not spend my life sitting on it. I was away on a 4-day golf trip this past weekend and decided to take it. I was able to allow several cigar buddies to enjoy a toke or two off it as well. It was quite a treat for all.

Some notes:Thanks so much for the chance to enjoy history David Shane! Folks like you make the world such an enjoyable place. Cheers to you!!

Jamie

[Reply]
bstarrs 08:53 PM 06-03-2013
Great review, something surreal about smoking a cigar as old as the folks in the retirement home. Think of everything that has happened in the world since this cigar was rolled...
[Reply]
crgcpro 09:01 PM 06-03-2013
very nice. I haven't had any pre embargos yet.
[Reply]
bobarian 09:08 PM 06-03-2013
Thanks for the review Jaime. Smoked one of these a few herfs ago. Had that nice toasted bread flavor that many old smokes share, a very enjoyable smoke. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:29 AM 06-04-2013
Jamie, you smoked it! Seeing that you enjoyed it is the payoff, thanks for sharing your experience with us brother!
[Reply]
equetefue 07:46 AM 06-04-2013
this is awesome. Glad it was as good as you hope it would have been
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:29 AM 06-04-2013
Exactly, Edwin. I think this is the first time I've had an old or cherished smoke where I was expecting something great and it actually paid off.
[Reply]
stearns 08:32 AM 06-04-2013
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
Exactly, Edwin. I think this is the first time I've had an old or cherished smoke where I was expecting something great and it actually paid off.
I know I can list off more than enough old and crusty's that just taste old and crusty. glad this one aged well, sounds delicious from the review :-)
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 01:15 PM 06-04-2013
It never ceases to amaze me that there are cigars out there with this kind of age and still smoke.

Jaime, while I probably would have needed a boot in the ass to actually hold a flame to something like this as well, the fact you went for it is awesome.
[Reply]
stearns 01:24 PM 06-04-2013
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer:
It never ceases to amaze me that there are cigars out there with this kind of age and still smoke.

Jaime, while I probably would have needed a boot in the ass to actually hold a flame to something like this as well, the fact you went for it is awesome.
come down to arlington some time seth, i'll dig up something old we can burn :-)
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 02:19 PM 06-04-2013
Sounds like a good plan to me, let me know next time you plan a herf Ben **cheers***
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:57 AM 06-05-2013
I figured they rolled the thing to be smoked, it's just no one had a perfect opportunity to do it yet. Let's just say it fell through the cracks until David Shane sent it my way.
[Reply]
M1903A1 10:02 AM 08-22-2013
Just found this. Thanks for posting it...I'd sometimes wondered what a German cigar from around WW2 would have been like (i.e. normal vs. dry-cured, source of leaf etc.).
[Reply]
ColdCuts 10:30 AM 08-22-2013
Awesome pics. Awesome review. Thanks for doing this, Jamie. :-)
[Reply]
Garbandz 11:04 AM 08-22-2013
A worthy page in the history of cigars......Thank you for writing it ..........
[Reply]
Up