Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>An amazing cigar experience!
badbriar 04:18 PM 05-31-2013
Was looking for something different, so I rifled thru the humidor and came up with a stick that had been hiding there for a little over two years. Picked a Torano Virtuose robusto with a Nicaraguan sun grown wrapper. The yellowed cello told of the age on it and promised good things to come. The cigar lived up to my best expectations with a perfect draw, excellent burn and creamy smooth smoke. Loads of flavor with no harshness and clean, short finish. None of the cigar after taste that's often found with some cigars. Overall, a truely satisfying smoke. There is no doubt that the time in the humidor dramatically improved this stick. This cigar was one of the best I've had. Although I've not had one of this variety, Toranos are on my regular list of favorites. Torano is one brand of cigars that seem do well with a bit of aging in the humidor. Will be picking up more Virtuosos to put up for next year's enjoyment. :-)
RR
[Reply]
pnoon 04:45 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Was looking for something different, so I rifled thru the humidor and came up with a stick that had been hiding there for a little over two years. Picked a Torano Virtuose robusto with a Nicaraguan sun grown wrapper. The yellowed cello told of the age on it and promised good things to come. The cigar lived up to my best expectations with a perfect draw, excellent burn and creamy smooth smoke. Loads of flavor with no harshness and clean, short finish. None of the cigar after taste that's often found with some cigars. Overall, a truely satisfying smoke. There is no doubt that the time in the humidor dramatically improved this stick. This cigar was one of the best I've had. Although I've not had one of this variety, Toranos are on my regular list of favorites. Torano is one brand of cigars that seem do well with a bit of aging in the humidor. Will be picking up more Virtuosos to put up for next year's enjoyment. :-)
RR
Just playing devil's advocate here.
How could you know?
[Reply]
montecristo#2 04:55 PM 05-31-2013
I find in general that Nicaraguans don't leave as bad of an aftertaste as Dominican cigars.

Maybe it is just me but one of the reasons I like Nicaraguan puros.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:21 PM 05-31-2013
Glad you enjoyed it! I've only had a couple Toranos but enjoyed them.
[Reply]
badbriar 08:24 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Just playing devil's advocate here.
How could you know?
Experienced the same success with my other Toranos, most varieties of which I enjoy often. Extended time in the humidor tends to mellow the sticks. All I can say is this has been the case for me with several other cigar varieties. Interestingly, not so much the case with R&J Vintage maduros. Not as much improvement with those.

Then, there's this response from Jack Torano... "Rob, nothing like a well and properly aged cigar. Thanks for the feedback, we love to hear these stories. All our best."
:-)
RR
[Reply]
Up