Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Question for the experts/ old timers!
Gabe215 03:42 PM 05-31-2013
I left for the weekend to go to the shore. My gf turned off the AC at my house. It's supposed to get up in the 90s this weekend. They're in humidors that normally maintain perfect humidity. I'm only gone for 2 days. Am I looking at any possible damage? I'm anal about their storage and paranoid. Am I just being nervous? I know long term my cigars will be ruined, but two days?
Thanks
-Gabe
[Reply]
cmitch 03:48 PM 05-31-2013
I doubt 2 days is going to ruin them but it will stress them. A lot more humidity can dissolve in 90º air than in 70º air. If it was more than a couple of days, I'd be concerned. Remember, members order cigars all the time in the summer and these cigars lay several days in transit out of a temp controlled environment. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:50 PM 05-31-2013
Cigars are not orchids, and not nearly as fragile as too many fear. Calm yourself, grasshopper. Ommmmmmmm.
[Reply]
T.G 03:52 PM 05-31-2013
No. Some cigars, like those from Central America, endure far worse conditions for longer periods of time locked in a shipping container on their way to the US.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:19 PM 05-31-2013
They'll be fine Gabe. Relax brother. :-)
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:29 PM 05-31-2013
No worries. Cigars that you buy online often spend that long in the back of a FedEx truck at 100+ degrees.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:06 PM 06-01-2013
You're good. If temps worry you, freeze your cigars. Temps can get beetles to hatch, but if they're dead, they cannot do any damage. After that, a little heat should not be a problem, although you don't want to keep them too warm for long, extended periods of time.
[Reply]
FUEL 10:23 PM 06-01-2013
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Cigars are not orchids, and not nearly as fragile as too many fear. Calm yourself, grasshopper. Ommmmmmmm.
I agree and have learned that over the last few years.

Do you have a friend or neighbor or family member that could pop over to the house and turn the AC on for you?
[Reply]
Up