Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Anyone watch "Behind the Candelabra" yet?
mosesbotbol 11:13 AM 05-29-2013
Behind the Candelabra (2013) is the new HBO movie based on Liberace. Fantastic movie. What an iconic performer he was and it really gave a glimpse of his life as we'd imagine it to be... Great acting, but I wish they gave him more context to how big of a talent he was and the kind of money he was making.

I read in Vegas, he was making 300K a week, and that was in the 70's!
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:31 AM 05-29-2013
Got it on the DVR and will likely watch it sometime this week.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:32 AM 05-29-2013
My wife watched it this weekend and said it was really good.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:04 PM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Great acting, but I wish they gave him more context to how big of a talent he was and the kind of money he was making.

I haven't seen it, nor am I likely to ever see it. But the impression I've gotten from the buzz is that it's more about his private . . . or "privates" . . . life.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:31 PM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I haven't seen it, nor am I likely to ever see it. But the impression I've gotten from the buzz is that it's more about his private . . . or "privates" . . . life.
Not a Michael Douglas fan? It's one of best performances in recent memory.

It's for sure going to show Michael Douglas and Matt Damon doing stuff you'd never ever imagine them doing on film, but hey.. it's Liberace. To be fair, it's not solely about that part, but it is an important factor in his life.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:47 PM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Not a Michael Douglas fan?
Not that, but I AM more a fan of being able to pay rent, and eating on rare occasions. No cable, no dish, no nothing but free broadcast in my poor garret. I do not pay for TV, unless you count the power to run it.

Besides, I'm old school. As a loyal American, the only price I should pay for watching the tube is watching the commercials too. :-)
[Reply]
Up