Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Thoughts on these premium sticks...
badbriar 11:50 AM 05-28-2013
One to always be on the lookou for the next great tasting cigar, I'm interested in knowing what others think of these...
San Cristobal
Flor de las Antillas

Thx -

RR
[Reply]
irratebass 11:52 AM 05-28-2013
I haven't had the Elegance from San Cristobal yet, but I really enjoyed the regular line and I really liked the Flor De Las Antillas (it was voted the #1 cigar of last year).
[Reply]
Lockspur 12:00 PM 05-28-2013
IIRC, they're both made at the My Father factory.
[Reply]
equetefue 12:08 PM 05-28-2013
Flor de las Antillas is not bad at all. Havent had the other one though
[Reply]
DaBear 12:12 PM 05-28-2013
The Flor de las Antillas is a My Father stick, and IMO among the best. Was quite a nice surprise to have them show up at work last year, not know a damn thing about them, and get treated to one of the best new cigars of the year.

San Cristobal has 3 lines(though one is being discontinued and our Ashton rep says something may be getting prepared to replace it at the show), the Elegancias(great mild smokes, slightly sweeter than an Ashton Classic), Seleccion del Sols(these are the ones being discontinued, which is a shame, they were such a solid stick), and the regular San Cristobals. The Elegancias are the best of the bunch IMO. Great breakfast smoke, and can't argue with the $6-$8 price range.
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:13 PM 05-28-2013
Big fan of the regular San Cristobal (Fabuloso). :-) :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 12:15 PM 05-28-2013
Haven't had the San Cristobal however The Flor de Las Antilles is a good cigar. Cigar of the year? Meh, but a good cigar nonetheless.
[Reply]
pektel 12:27 PM 05-28-2013
I really like the San Cristobal Mercaderes and the Principes. delicious.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:11 PM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by pektel:
I really like the San Cristobal Mercaderes and the Principes. delicious.
I think he is talking NC San Cristobols, Peter. :-)
[Reply]
pektel 01:22 PM 05-28-2013
See, that's what happens when I don't have coffee. whoops.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:59 PM 05-28-2013
The FdlA is a pretty damned tasty stick.
[Reply]
montecristo#2 02:46 PM 05-28-2013
I guess it is all about perspective. I figured this thread was going to be about OpusX, Ashton VSGs/ESGs, high end Padron's or maybe some of the more expensive Tatuajes.

I enjoyed the Flor de las Antillas I smoked and actually like the San Cristobal Seleccion del Sol the best of the three lines. The regular line is not bad as well. The Flor de las Antillas are pretty well priced and the San Cristobal's can be found for a decent price as well.

If you like these you should try some other Pepin blended cigars. Don Pepin Garcia Blue label, Series JJ, MyFather (several different lines), Tatuajes...
[Reply]
badbriar 06:03 PM 05-28-2013
[quote=montecristo#2;1840845]I guess it is all about perspective. I figured this thread was going to be about OpusX, Ashton VSGs/ESGs, high end Padron's or maybe some of the more expensive Tatuajes.

Already sampled most of these...don't care for the Padrones much. Prefer the La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor Especial to the Opus X. Ashton considers the Especial to be the X of the La Aroma line.
RR
[Reply]
sikk50 06:32 PM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by DaBear:
The Flor de las Antillas is a My Father stick, and IMO among the best. Was quite a nice surprise to have them show up at work last year, not know a damn thing about them, and get treated to one of the best new cigars of the year.

San Cristobal has 3 lines(though one is being discontinued and our Ashton rep says something may be getting prepared to replace it at the show), the Elegancias(great mild smokes, slightly sweeter than an Ashton Classic), Seleccion del Sols(these are the ones being discontinued, which is a shame, they were such a solid stick), and the regular San Cristobals. The Elegancias are the best of the bunch IMO. Great breakfast smoke, and can't argue with the $6-$8 price range.
Agreed, personally I feel like the regular San Cristobals need a year or more to come into their own
[Reply]
Up