Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Nick's Sticks
Blocky Patel 06:58 PM 05-24-2013
Saw it super cheap (thanks to our California excise tax, it was $5 but searching online shows it in the threes) so I picked one up. Found out it's made by Perdomo, and it's really not bad (I got the shade wrapper). Burns a bit fast and can get bitter if you don't watch out, but it has a good draw, good consistency, a *****in' looking band and a bit peppery the first third. I don't know about you guys, but I can't tell from 'hints of cocoa' or 'leathery notes' ....I just know what I like and what I don't. This isn't really an every day cigar or even pretending to be borderline premium at bargain prices. It is what it is...something to smoke while you watch your kids play in the front or really, one to give away to your non-cigar loving friends when you golf or bbq. It's perfect for that: cheap and good enough that you won't look bad. Meanwhile, you can light up your Fuente or Herrera Esteli (my current favorite) and he won't know the difference!
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:10 PM 05-24-2013
I had the maduro version a few weeks back and was really impressed.
[Reply]
DaBear 07:18 PM 05-24-2013
Basically my impression of these. Great zoning out sticks. A staple for me when golfing. The only one I don't like are the Sungrowns. These are much better than the other Perdomo budget stick, the Frescos, IMO.
[Reply]
Blocky Patel 07:20 PM 05-24-2013
:-)
[Reply]
sikk50 09:53 PM 05-24-2013
I enjoy them
[Reply]
ApexAZ 10:55 PM 05-25-2013
I dig em.
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:00 PM 05-25-2013
I like em. And I agree, way better than the Frescos lol.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:53 AM 05-28-2013
Good sticks, not sure if better than the Frescos or not (will have to smoke them back to back or side by side), but imo Perdomo doesn't make a bad stick, but I like their natural or sun grown more than thier maduro wrappers.....odd.
[Reply]
Up