Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar band display?
Espresso 03:44 PM 05-22-2013
Looking for some ideas. Right now I have them thrown into cigar boxes. I was thinking of doing like a top ten of each type.

Or just random, by looks, because I know my list will change.
[Reply]
Lockspur 03:49 PM 05-22-2013
I went and bought a lot of these small super strong magnets, and use those to decorate my fridge with them. :-)
[Reply]
CamoFlogged 03:52 PM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by Lockspur:
I went and bought a lot of these small super strong magnets, and use those to decorate my fridge with them. :-)
With your collection and the amount of smoke you put in the air, can you even see your fridge door with all the bands hanging on it? :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 04:38 PM 05-22-2013
Coasters, serving trays, coffee or poker table. The number of uses are up to your imagination and the amount of effort you want to put into the project.
[Reply]
Espresso 04:39 PM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by Lockspur:
damn good idea. I have many doubles I can use to do that.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 04:51 PM 05-22-2013
How about covering your coolador with them
[Reply]
sikk50 08:24 PM 05-23-2013
I remember a guy laid them into acrylic and made the arm rest for his poker table out of them. That was awesome, I'd like to do that one day
[Reply]
Lockspur 08:43 PM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by CamoFlogged:
With your collection and the amount of smoke you put in the air, can you even see your fridge door with all the bands hanging on it? :-)
HA! Only the ones I like. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:08 AM 05-24-2013
I actually just paste them in a large craft book. When I started, I pasted all of them, now I just paste ones that aren't already in there.
[Reply]
czerbe 08:35 AM 05-24-2013
:-)Will be following this Thread as I am developing boxes of these bands and I'm looking to do a project or two
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:11 AM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I actually just paste them in a large craft book. When I started, I pasted all of them, now I just paste ones that aren't already in there.
I paste mine to a piece of matte board leftover from one of my wife's framing projects:

Time to start a new one.
[Reply]
E.J. 10:31 AM 05-24-2013
Here are some things I have done with random bands....

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28625
[Reply]
357 12:31 PM 05-24-2013
A brother of an inmate posted his cigar band projects on his website, along with detailed instructions (including part numbers and suppliers) on how he built a custom cigar lounge in his basement.

His poker table with cigar bands:
http://www.ryandeyer.com/poker-table/

And his coffe table:
http://www.ryandeyer.com/poker-table...band-projects/

I'd post the pictures directly but it's in a flash based website so it's not really doable.
[Reply]
CamoFlogged 02:14 PM 05-24-2013
:-)

Me too. Didn't really take this serious at first (oops) but there are some cool ideas brewing here.

Think I will start small and paste them within a picture frame to start. Setting the bands within that poker table was cool.
[Reply]
rennD 02:19 PM 05-24-2013
An ashtray? The glass ones not plastic. Just an idea I've been toying with awhile.
[Reply]
FUEL 02:27 PM 05-24-2013
A friend is making a beer pong table with an acrylic clear top with bands under it sealed up waterproof. Its pretty freaking awesome.

He also made coasters for beer / pop cans for the deck out of them

Doc from Stogie Fresh has some cool ideas. One thing he suggested is that his wife is a scrapbooker and if you are going to to do something where you make a collage to frame or similar to make sure you get "acid free" material (poster board et al) to glue the bands to.
[Reply]
iDad 05:25 AM 05-29-2013
I have been thinking about taking all of my bands and super gluing them to a table top, then putting on a layer of lacquer over the top.

Nice little cigar addition to my man cave. Haven't done it yet, but I will :-)
[Reply]
Up