Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>So Urlacher hangs up his helmet and retires...
FUEL 10:15 AM 05-22-2013
Would have been fun had the rumors became reality and seen him in a Vikings uniform for a year but I think he made the smart move to not sacrifice his body any further. Was a hell of a player.
[Reply]
dave 10:18 AM 05-22-2013
Do you really hate him that much? As a Bear, don't you think he suffered enough already?

Go Pack!
[Reply]
czerbe 10:32 AM 05-22-2013
I only bleed Green for the Eagles but he was one fun player to watch... seemed to be a classy Ray Lewis.
[Reply]
FUEL 10:51 AM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by czerbe:
I only bleed Green for the Eagles but he was one fun player to watch... seemed to be a classy Ray Lewis.
There is not a single thing classy about Ray Lewis.
[Reply]
czerbe 10:58 AM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by FUEL:
There is not a single thing classy about Ray Lewis.
Agreed well when he left the game that was pretty sweet!!
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:49 AM 05-22-2013
Urlacher was one hell of a player :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:13 PM 05-22-2013
Pack wish they had Urlacher in his prime. :-)
[Reply]
FUEL 01:23 PM 05-22-2013
I'll give ya that one! Hah, kinda funny, the first NFL game I remember as a kid was Vikings vs Eagles and ever since then I've always peaked on them each year. Nice to see McNab retire as an Eagle.
[Reply]
czerbe 01:56 PM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by FUEL:
I'll give ya that one! Hah, kinda funny, the first NFL game I remember as a kid was Vikings vs Eagles and ever since then I've always peaked on them each year. Nice to see McNab retire as an Eagle.
True living outside of the Philly area about an hour McNabb never got the credit he had coming to him best QB in Eagles history but since he didn't win the big one he always got :-) We as Philly fans are a tough group!
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:08 PM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Pack wish they had Urlacher in his prime. :-)
They did. Usually for lunch. :-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:51 PM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
They did. Usually for lunch. :-):-)

That's like, so lame-o, like, I forgot to like laugh. :-)
[Reply]
CamoFlogged 07:14 PM 05-22-2013
Not if you are a Broncos fan...which I am.

Much respect for Urlacher though. I was kind of hoping he would end it this way though. Would be sad to see him go out injured. But if a team loses their starter, I am sure he will get a call.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:28 PM 05-22-2013
Congrats on a great career. He was a BEAST in his prime.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:29 PM 05-22-2013
He was who I thought he was.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:37 PM 05-22-2013
Sad to see but health is more important.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:45 PM 05-22-2013
He had a great career, why end up a cripple. Look at someone like oh say Rolando McClain, 23 yrs old and basically finished in the NFL, he "retired", actually he quit because that's what he is good at it seems. The guy can't stay out of handcuffs and stay away from his 'bros from the hood', one thing probably has to do with the other.

So kudos to Urlacher for doing it right. :-)
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 07:59 PM 05-22-2013
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
He was who I thought he was.
:-)
Angriest interview ever
[Reply]
bstarrs 12:40 PM 06-06-2013
Rolando McClain is a giant stain (one of many of the last decade) on my Raiders. Guy was a major tool, horrible attitude and work ethic and he couldn't even play. Horrible pick by my boy Al Davis
[Reply]
shilala 12:46 PM 06-06-2013
I'm sorry to see him go, but happy to see him retire as a Chicago Bear.
It's sad they wouldn't run him out there another year, it's not like he'd hurt their game and he put butts in seats. He was much loved and much admired, and deservedly so.
I bet he's going to have a blast hitting golf balls and laying on the beach getting fat. :-)
[Reply]
Up