equetefue 08:04 AM 05-17-2013
Agree with you Brian. In order of preference

1. UPS
2. USPS
3. FedEX
4. DHL
[Reply]
shark 04:52 PM 05-17-2013
My main contention with the USPS is when I go on vacation and I specifically send them a request to hold my mail, and tell them that I will pick it up. I come home a week or so later to a mailbox full of mail that was SUPPOSED to be held at the post office until a SPECIFIC date. How hard is it to do that? :-):-):-):-):-)

Sorry, it's Friday and I'm tired and grumpy.
[Reply]
Azpostal 10:44 AM 05-18-2013
:-) USPS is Awesome!!! I couldn't even afford a cigar if not for my work:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:47 AM 05-18-2013
Well it helps when people put down correct addresses, pay correct postage, put return addresses on packages and overall understand who's responsibility the package is (including ownership) when it's sent until it's received by the addressee, but I digress.
[Reply]
Robulous78 03:32 AM 05-19-2013
So I am a day late (usually a dollar short also) in posting this,

On the 17th they arrived...
[IMG]Image IMG_1036 by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

Much happier now knowing they got here safe...
[Reply]
maninblack 03:54 AM 05-19-2013
You were waiting on those? No loss if they got lost in the system. :-)
[Reply]
Robulous78 05:20 AM 05-19-2013
yea I know... was just excited is all...
[Reply]
Ed M 06:42 AM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
can anyone tell me what this means?

[IMG]Image Capture by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

Package being sent to me from Mickey,
Supposed to be here yesterday?, yet arrived this morning 1 hour away in Asheville, and is not out for delivery?

Maybe this is why they are going out of business? or are they intentionally putting yesterdays date for delivery to make the process more frustrating? or am I just impatient?
USPS is horrible! They should just shut it down. UPS, Fed Ex, they're much better at package delivery, and with e-mail, on line bill paying, etc. Who needs them!
[Reply]
T.G 09:10 AM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
So I am a day late (usually a dollar short also) in posting this,

On the 17th they arrived...
[IMG]Image IMG_1036 by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

Much happier now knowing they got here safe...
Amazing.
[Reply]
markem 09:17 AM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
Amazing.
Glad you got them. You'll always remember your first box and all the anxiety and dosh associated with them.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:29 AM 05-19-2013
It brings up a valuable lesson, that is, who the responsibility of things like insurance claims and tracking of lost packages, the send is responsible for all things dealing with a package lost in the mail, while you as the addressee may call and inquire about the package and they may look in your local delivery office, that's about as far as it will go, this via the postal service and their procedures. If you have someone tell you that you are responsible for hunting down or filing the insurance for a package they sent and you never received they are incorrect, as a matter of fact for lost packages the addressee has no recourse though the postal service as far as replacement / payment of insurance, the sender is their customer and has purchased said insurance, not the addressee.

If you receive a damaged box, box with items missing or even an empty box the addressee can deal with the postal service direct but for packages that are just "missing" only the sender can deal with claims or tracking through the Atlanta recovery center (formerly the dead letter office).

Just some points to remember.
[Reply]
pektel 09:09 AM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by markem:
You'll always remember your first box and all the anxiety and dosh associated with her.
fixt.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 09:18 AM 05-20-2013
My mail carrier pulled up in his personal car the other evening and delivered a package he found after finishing his deliveries. He could have waited until the next day but dropped it off on his personal time. I feel pretty lucky.

MCS
[Reply]
Robulous78 03:10 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
My mail carrier pulled up in his personal car the other evening and delivered a package he found after finishing his deliveries. He could have waited until the next day but dropped it off on his personal time. I feel pretty lucky.

MCS
Wish we got that kind of service here. Tyler had a package not delivered because the carrier wasn't willing to knock on his door as she drove by, while he was watching no less...
[Reply]
pnoon 01:20 PM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
It brings up a valuable lesson, that is, who the responsibility of things like insurance claims and tracking of lost packages, the send is responsible for all things dealing with a package lost in the mail, while you as the addressee may call and inquire about the package and they may look in your local delivery office, that's about as far as it will go, this via the postal service and their procedures. If you have someone tell you that you are responsible for hunting down or filing the insurance for a package they sent and you never received they are incorrect, as a matter of fact for lost packages the addressee has no recourse though the postal service as far as replacement / payment of insurance, the sender is their customer and has purchased said insurance, not the addressee.

If you receive a damaged box, box with items missing or even an empty box the addressee can deal with the postal service direct but for packages that are just "missing" only the sender can deal with claims or tracking through the Atlanta recovery center (formerly the dead letter office).

Just some points to remember.
Spot on.

In all transactions, it is always the responsibility of the sender to ensure not just delivery - but receipt. When trying to facilitate incomplete transactions, many times the sender has offered the explanation that "once it's in the mail, my responsibility is complete".
Horse hockey!
[Reply]
macsauce13 01:54 PM 05-21-2013
I've lost three packages sent by USPS this year. It really varies city to city. Prior to this year, I have only ever lost one and it occurred on this site. THREE.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up