Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Anyone heard of Herrera Estili?
kelmac07 06:46 AM 05-17-2013
I've heard a bunch of mixed reviews on this cigar. And each one brings me to thinking...is this another Chateau Real?? :-) :-)
[Reply]
equetefue 07:55 AM 05-17-2013
I personally like the longsdale. Very "cubanesque"
[Reply]
Blocky Patel 05:23 PM 05-17-2013
Smoking my second one now, just as good as the first. An hour and a half in, a little less than half left, no re-light.
[Reply]
neoflex 09:46 PM 05-18-2013
I've smoked a bunch of the Toros and I personally think they are great. My only complaint is the wrapper seems to be a little thin and tends to crack and split from time to time. Definitely not a Chateau Real. These may be a regular staple in my humidor as they're fantastic when your looking for a flavorful cigar that's not too heavy.
[Reply]
Jsmith1216 01:33 PM 05-21-2013
I smoked a fresh rolled cigar last night hand-rolled by Willy Herrera right in front of me. I loved it. It was a fantastic cigar and was very tasty. Jonathan Drew also gave me one for the road which is currently in my humidor. I highly recommend these cigars.
[Reply]
Islayphile 02:19 PM 05-21-2013
I smoked a toro last Saturday and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
[Reply]
danreeve 08:32 PM 05-21-2013
I really like this cigar. I think the first inch or so is ho-hum, but once you hit the middle the flavors kick into full gear. box worthy IMO

Dan
[Reply]
Blocky Patel 08:58 PM 05-27-2013
While enjoying the taste of my leisure time :wink:
I fired up another one of these beauts. Over half gone and still burning nice and square

[Reply]
MUNKY 09:31 PM 06-05-2013
Ordered a 5 pack and can't wait!
[Reply]
equetefue 09:33 PM 06-05-2013
Smoked a longsdale yesterday and it was very good
[Reply]
crgcpro 08:40 PM 06-06-2013
Way too mild for me but most guys love them.
[Reply]
MUNKY 10:22 PM 06-06-2013
Just had my first and must say I was impressed.
[Reply]
Islayphile 07:02 AM 06-07-2013
I'm currently smoking my second toro and it's very good.

IMO, these need to be smoked a little bit slower than normal in order to pick up the subtle flavors.

Reminds me of a Coronado in that way
[Reply]
tsolomon 10:47 AM 06-07-2013
Willy Herrera is scheduled to be at Drapers' DC store on 6/14 and the Bethesda store on 6/15. He will be rolling cigars onsite, so I'm going to try to get by and check these out.
[Reply]
TobaccoEvents 11:15 AM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blocky Patel:
Disclaimer: mods, I will gladly submit to protocol if you prefer I don't start threads like this and instead post in the 'cigar I smoked today' thread. However, I don't see that thread as a discussion of cigars thread, merely a "check this out" thread.

Anyway, I stop by my B&M shop today and they have a "New Arrival" sign up in the humidor along with a laminated print out of Cigar Aficionado ratings of Herrera Estili (Nicaragua) and it got a 93. Now, I had never heard of it, not sure who grows it, etc (I'm about to do some research) but I bought a handful, and man, it is really, really good so far. Nice and taught, good draw, slow burning, a bit of burn on my tongue, medium body. Highly recommended.
I love Willie Herrea's newest offering in the Herrea Esteli. I've tried various vitoa's in the line and for me the Corona is best. I made a box purchase of this size and have not been disappointed...I'm halfway thru my first box. I know it sounds crazy, but in this size in particular I get a hint of toasted marshmallow! I love that. It's a smooth, complex stick and one that I recommend to all my cigar friends. Construction and burn is near perfect in this size. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up