That'll buff out.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:20 AM 05-16-2013
what kind of tires did you get?
[Reply]
pektel 09:33 AM 05-16-2013
Originally Posted by hammondc:
That'll buff out.
:-)l I was surprised this made it to the second page before someone said it.

Originally Posted by hammondc:
what kind of tires did you get?

My third choice. First choice was Fuzion ZRi. I got a friend that runs them on his Lotus, and that's what I have on the fronts. They don't make them in the size I needed (245/40/19). Second choice was Firestone Firehawk GT. Shop couldn't get those either. So they recommended Kumho Ecsta 4X, and the price was in line with what I was expecting, so I went with them.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:40 AM 05-16-2013
A lot of adults in this thread handling their business the way it should be, including Scott's kid. It's refreshing to see.

Good luck with dealing with Insurance company, hopefully they take care of you.
[Reply]
pektel 09:57 AM 05-16-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Peter, not a buy back.
What you are looking to do is retain salvage.
Most if not all states allow that.
Depending on insurance company, they may try to fight it.

Basically, they determine ACV (actual cash value), plus applicable taxes and DMV fees, and deduct a salvage amount which they generally get from calling three salvage yards for bids.

You can certainly find a shop willing to repair quarter panel and that alone will be a significant savings.
Next, don't blend. Live with any possible tint and blend mismatch. Paint and materials adds serious bucks.

Good luck and let me know if you need help along the way in the total loss process.
Many thanks for the info/advice and the offer. He uses Progressive for his insurance, so they want to send their own adjuster out instead of using the body shop's bid if it's going to be deemed a total loss.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up