Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Gone for a time
RevSmoke 06:48 AM 05-04-2013
Today I head over to Steven's Point for State Solo & Ensemble Music Festival/Contest. Oldest boy is singing a solo.

Tomorrow morning is the 1st of 4 celebration days in honor of the 125th Anniversary of Zion Lutheran Church. We have quite the event planned.

And following those festivities, I am heading up north for the week. Have a number of pastors joining me for our annual Pastor's ATF Retreat. There is no internet access, but if someone wants to call me up there, I will have my cell phone.

So, I will be off the grid for a bit.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 07:15 AM 05-04-2013
Good luck to your son! Have fun and be safe!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:10 AM 05-04-2013
Enjoy watching your son, Todd, I know you must be very proud. :-)
[Reply]
equetefue 08:44 AM 05-04-2013
Treasure the moment and be a proud father
[Reply]
G G 08:51 AM 05-04-2013
Have fun Todd.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:02 AM 05-04-2013
Have fun and be safe Todd. Ok I'll ask because I have no idea, what's ATF stand for, while it could be Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (and that would be fun), I doubt that's it.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:18 AM 05-04-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Have fun and be safe Todd. Ok I'll ask because I have no idea, what's ATF stand for, while it could be Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (and that would be fun), I doubt that's it.
Yes, it is a Pastor's ATF retreat.

A - Alcohol (Lutherans enjoy adult beverages - but drunkenness won't happen)
T - Tobacco (cigars, pipes, and one guy dips), Theology (get pastors together and theology gets discussed, but there is nothing in the way of planned presentations)
F - Firearms (we'll shoot clays, hopefully some coyotes, and other firearms), Fishing

So, it should actually be ATTFF, but...
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:30 AM 05-04-2013
Sounds like a great time for anyone not just Lutherans!
[Reply]
The Poet 10:33 AM 05-04-2013
Best wishes for your son, and for the upcoming 125th anniversary celebration.

I would point out, however, it makes Zion a bit of a "piker" compared to the one I was raised in, St. Stephens Lutheran Church in Hickory NC. It was founded in 1837, so I got about a half-century on you brother. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:01 PM 05-04-2013
Nathan Jerabek, 1st on Vocal Theater at State Solo & Ensemble. He sang, "Luck, Be A Lady."

This is his senior year, and his last opportunity to get to State. Thus ends his high school music competition career.

Now what to smoke in honor of this achievement?
[Reply]
maninblack 09:03 PM 05-04-2013
Safe travels brother.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 07:00 AM 05-05-2013
Congratulations!!!!
[Reply]
Up