Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Rest In Peace, Hotmail
The Poet 09:26 AM 05-03-2013
I just saw a story that Hotmail is officially dead as of today. It is supposed to automatically switch to an Outlook account, and also your addy is not supposed to change, but if anhy of you guys use Hotmail you might wanna keep an eye out for problems.
[Reply]
markem 09:42 AM 05-03-2013
Thanks for the heads up! I don't use hotmail personally, but if I did, I would appreciate knowing what was happening.
[Reply]
maninblack 09:46 AM 05-03-2013
Mine switched over.
[Reply]
jledou 10:00 AM 05-03-2013
I went ahead and did the switch over to the outlook client for some time now and really have had no problems. As long as the original hotmail address stays for ..... then I don't have the problem. I have been able to keep the same address since 96 so I am kind of partial to it.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:06 AM 05-03-2013
Yep, have had no issues since I switched over, thanks for the heads up though, I forgot all about it :-)
[Reply]
timj219 10:12 AM 05-03-2013
Originally Posted by jledou:
I have been able to keep the same address since 96 so I am kind of partial to it.
I've had my Juno email account since '96 too.
In that time half a dozen work email addresses as well as gmail, roadrunner email, aol email and God knows how many others have come and gone for me.
[Reply]
shark 06:45 PM 05-03-2013
I don't think that you can talk to anyone nowadays who hasn't had a Hotmail account at some point. OK, exaggeration of course, but... Goodbye to one of the Old Guard, the pioneers....
[Reply]
Up