Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Usps ?
T.G 10:06 AM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
After some recent changes at USPS I have been able to print pre-approved forms for foreign countries and have not had to get them hand-stamped at the counter (you still need the plastic envelopes). Big win for international shippers! :-) :-)

I noticed that too, some of the destinations that used to require boxes to be handed across the counter no longer do, but I don't know if every destination has been given that treatment or not.
[Reply]
T.G 10:10 AM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by chaase321:
I'll be a sheep this time and wait in line just to make sure, but yes, that is a big win I would imagine!
If it has the round postal cancellation mark with the date on it in the lower corner when it prints, then you can just sign it and toss it in a mailbox.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:11 AM 04-16-2013
:-) @ this thread all to send out a box... :-)

Reminds me of the episode of Big Bang Theory where they are setting something up for Penny and end up tossing the plans and all scatter to get "other" pieces for a high tech install after they over-thought the hell out of it. lol
[Reply]
chaase321 10:22 AM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
:-) @ this thread all to send out a box... :-)

Reminds me of the episode of Big Bang Theory where they are setting something up for Penny and end up tossing the plans and all scatter to get "other" pieces for a high tech install after they over-thought the hell out of it. lol
:-) I know, but it is appreciated, and if it saves me from standing in the P.O. line (in DC to boot) that will be packed, I am all for it!
[Reply]
Zane 10:43 AM 04-16-2013
Good information to have either way.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:12 PM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
If it has the round postal cancellation mark with the date on it in the lower corner when it prints, then you can just sign it and toss it in a mailbox.
If it prints your name in the signature field then you don't even need to sign them any more (part of the recent changes). The USPS considers this a digital signature and is considered validated as part of your purchase.
[Reply]
T.G 02:10 PM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
If it prints your name in the signature field then you don't even need to sign them any more (part of the recent changes). The USPS considers this a digital signature and is considered validated as part of your purchase.
True, but, it's the foreign customs agents that inspect the packages that I'm signing it for. I've found that it's simpler to just scribble something on that line like they are used to seeing and then I don't have to worry if they got USPS's memo.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up