Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Smoking in your car?
mosesbotbol 10:51 AM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by equetefue:
Cardinal sin to smoke, eat or drink in my car. No way
Why is that a cardinal sin? You could never tell I did any of those in my car...
[Reply]
Zipponubke 10:57 AM 04-11-2013
I smoke in the car every day.and I love the smell of cigars.But my wife does not :-)
I use regularly Gone smoke .and this help very good.

www.gonesmoke.com
[Reply]
icehog3 11:03 AM 04-11-2013
I smoke in my truck whenever my trip is 45 minutes or more. Have leather seats so that helps, truck isn't too bad by the next day. But Hell, it's my truck, so if there is a little lingering cigar smell the next day.....it's my truck. :-)
[Reply]
riverdawg 11:28 AM 04-11-2013
I smoke in the Suburban pretty much daily. And I transport 4-7 dogs in there every day. An acquaintance once said, "A good detailing will probably get that odor out." This was an unsolicitted comment by the way after giving him a ride to a disc golf tournie. On the other hand, I'd betcha he's wrong.:-):-)
[Reply]
riverdawg 11:33 AM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
If anyone complains about how my car smells, they are free to find alternate transportation more to their liking. My car and my home are for my enjoyment.
Yup, agreed.:-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 12:13 PM 04-11-2013
Nope, much as I love cigars, not going to smoke 'em in my ride. Cost me too damn much to stink it up. And being retired, I don't do as much driving as I used to anyway, so it's not exactly a sacrifice for me.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 12:46 PM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
If anyone complains about how my car smells, they are free to find alternate transportation more to their liking. My car and my home are for my enjoyment.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
I smoke in my truck whenever my trip is 45 minutes or more. Have leather seats so that helps, truck isn't too bad by the next day. But Hell, it's my truck, so if there is a little lingering cigar smell the next day.....it's my truck. :-)
i couldnt agree more :-)
[Reply]
pektel 12:47 PM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by ksknnr:
but I am concerned about the smell being stuck in the headliner.
You are correct in your concern. The headliner collects a ton of smoke, and have found that it's damn near impossible to get it completely clean.

Originally Posted by equetefue:
Cardinal sin to smoke, eat or drink in my car. No way
+1. Any of those can be done before or after driving. I don't enjoy smoking in a vehicle, though I do normally have a bottle of water.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 01:14 PM 04-11-2013
I do on long trips.. And when it allows me to roll the window all the way down. My work takes about 7-10 minutes to get to. Most of my long trips are back to Cali, with the wife, so when that happens I do not smoke.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:18 PM 04-11-2013
I have a convertible with leather seats, I used to smoke cigarettes in it all the time, with the top down every time, one of my non-smoker friends said she could always smell smoke in the car and I didn't believe her. I got a bad case of the flu and didn't smoke for 2 weeks, quit smoking cigs actually, the first day I got in my car i could smell smoke plain as day.... i couldn't believe it.

I don't smoke cigars in my car, haven't smoked in it in months, i'd say if it's only a 2 hour drive just hold off till you get where you are going, if you smoke in it it will smell like smoke simple as that, you have small children traveling in it etc., not worth it. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 01:29 PM 04-11-2013
A non-issue as I see it. I have no problem smoking in your car. :-)
[Reply]
ksknnr 01:35 PM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I have a convertible with leather seats, I used to smoke cigarettes in it all the time, with the top down every time, one of my non-smoker friends said she could always smell smoke in the car and I didn't believe her. I got a bad case of the flu and didn't smoke for 2 weeks, quit smoking cigs actually, the first day I got in my car i could smell smoke plain as day.... i couldn't believe it.

I don't smoke cigars in my car, haven't smoked in it in months, i'd say if it's only a 2 hour drive just hold off till you get where you are going, if you smoke in it it will smell like smoke simple as that, you have small children traveling in it etc., not worth it. :-)
I agree, the more I think about it, I can wait the 2 hours, will make the smoke more enjoyable when I get there.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:39 PM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by The Poet:
A non-issue as I see it. I have no problem smoking in your car. :-)
Well, get over here and let's go for a cruise....I will even supply the smokes.
[Reply]
mmblz 01:48 PM 04-11-2013
I've smoked in various of our cars and never noticed a real problem. I will likely smoke in my new (used) car once it gets a bit warmer here.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:23 PM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Well, get over here and let's go for a cruise....I will even supply the smokes.
It's a date, Tom. Wear something sexy. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:12 PM 04-11-2013
Don't make him bust out the Blackhawks teddy! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:31 PM 04-11-2013
No Smoking Allowed In Mine.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:47 PM 04-11-2013
I'm sexy in anything. And in nothing. You sweet talker, you. :-)
[Reply]
gnbikes 08:40 PM 04-11-2013
I use one of the newer Zikar ash cans, really helps keep the smell down from the ashes and butts. Fabrease every once in awhile and a fresh cabin filter also keeps the Buick smelling fine.
Garry-
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up