Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>What's in a Name?
Da Klugs 10:51 AM 10-15-2008
Cigar Asylum? Are we nuts, loony bin dwellers, inmates, refugees, crazy, taking asylum, etc?

Obvious meaning for many of us based upon current circumstances where the Haven aspect is a poignant interpretation. Then again, it's a haven for our friends who are all nuts and should be comitted. All are welcome and become our friends so it's a haven for all cigar nuts who ultimately have a place to become and interact with friends. Arrgh...My headie hurts.

:-) Like it or hate it, the only real issue of importance was taken care of when each of us had the ability to read any thread, here.
[Reply]
mikeyj23 10:54 AM 10-15-2008
I prefer the thought of "taking asylum" here rather than being in one. It could go many different ways.

Frankly, who cares? We're here :-)
[Reply]
croatan 10:56 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by mikeyj23:
I prefer the thought of "taking asylum" here rather than being in one. It could go many different ways.
Yep. That's the idea. All meanings are very fitting and you can take it however you want.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:59 AM 10-15-2008
I actually think the double meaning is absolutely perfect, considering the friends I have come to know in this community. Haven or Institutional Facitlity, either one is perfect, and in fact, Cigar Asylum may be the first place ever to be able to combine the two meanings in exactly the way I prefer.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:00 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by replicant:
I actually think the double meaning is absolutely perfect, considering the friends I have come to know in this community. Haven or Institutional Facitlity, either one is perfect, and in fact, Cigar Asylum may be the first place ever to be able to combine the two meanings in exactly the way I prefer.
:-) I really like the name and the double meaning. It works well for this group!
[Reply]
Redbaron 11:01 AM 10-15-2008
I really like the name! :-)

I get called crazy all the time? so wierd....:-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 11:13 AM 10-15-2008
Actually I was looking for an asylum but I guess this works.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:14 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by replicant:
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
markem 11:17 AM 10-15-2008
I need a safe place where I can indulge my crazy hobby
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:18 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by vstrommark:
I need a safe place where I can indulge my crazy hobby
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
bobarian 11:58 AM 10-15-2008
Refuge or nuthouse, either way it feels like home. :-)
[Reply]
markem 11:35 PM 09-05-2017
Today's posts in the How did you find us? thread made me think of this thread.
[Reply]
shark 04:54 PM 09-06-2017
Some days though, I feel like him:

[Reply]
The Poet 05:27 PM 09-06-2017
A rose is a nose is a posey. It is the refugees/inmates which matter, not the nomenclature.

:-)
[Reply]
M1903A1 07:47 PM 09-07-2017
Originally Posted by shark:
Some days though, I feel like him:

Why not...he's a cigar guy too! :-)
[Reply]
Up