Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Silver Stackers
bdgile 11:01 AM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I just bought one of these: http://www.silvertowne.com/p-19300-s...ilver-bar.aspx

I had to have it because I like the hand poured look.
Nice hand pour. I really like them too. Silvertowne makes some really nice stuff for how reasonably priced they are.
[Reply]
Barcode 01:43 AM 02-28-2013
Originally Posted by bdgile:
That's not bad depending on what your buying. Is that for 1oz coins?
Yes, I have been getting mostly American Eagles and Canadian Maple Leafs
[Reply]
bdgile 06:24 AM 02-28-2013
Originally Posted by Barcode:
Yes, I have been getting mostly American Eagles and Canadian Maple Leafs
Yeah, that's not to bad of a price if they're in good condition. You can sometime get a pretty decent premium when you sell them depending on who is buying...
[Reply]
mkarnold1 07:36 AM 02-28-2013
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on 5 oz. of the APMEX 1/2oz. rounds and a $10 roll of Washington quarters (avg. circ.) for my first silver purchase. Does this sound like a good plan to you guys that have been doing this for a while?
[Reply]
mkarnold1 08:41 AM 02-28-2013
I went with the 1 oz. silvertowne bars instead. Less of a markup and free shipping. Thanks for posting that site Dan!
[Reply]
bdgile 09:04 AM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
I went with the 1 oz. silvertowne bars instead. Less of a markup and free shipping. Thanks for posting that site Dan!
Good call. These will make a really smart first purchase.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:07 AM 03-01-2013
There are metal based stocks you can buy that are closely related to the price of the metal. I bought a Gold stock several years ago and did pretty well. I sold it well short of where gold went, but at least I made money.
[Reply]
Bondo 287 09:26 AM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on 5 oz. of the APMEX 1/2oz. rounds ......
Looking at the same order as well.
I see with Credit card the charges are high and shipping held 3 days to keep you from playing the market and flipping the product before it even leaves the warehouse :-)

Dambit
[Reply]
357 10:47 AM 03-01-2013
My dad's been a coin collector for ever. I have some silver coins, many of which are worth more as silver than as a coin. I saw a show (doomsday preppers) where a guy buys rolls of half dollars for face value and picks the silver coins out (worth many times face value in silver) then trades the rest back in later. They called it roll hunting. Neat idea to get free money in silver. This is a practice I just may take up. The banks usually take out the silver coins but they miss quite a few I guess.
[Reply]
bdgile 01:04 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by 357:
My dad's been a coin collector for ever. I have some silver coins, many of which are worth more as silver than as a coin. I saw a show (doomsday preppers) where a guy buys rolls of half dollars for face value and picks the silver coins out (worth many times face value in silver) then trades the rest back in later. They called it roll hunting. Neat idea to get free money in silver. This is a practice I just may take up. The banks usually take out the silver coins but they miss quite a few I guess.
I have a few friends that do some coin roll hunting... Not very profitable. They often go through several hundred rolls before finding any silver. I guess it's not bad if you enjoy it and have A LOT of free time.
[Reply]
bdgile 11:50 AM 03-02-2013
Anyone buy 90% recently at a decent price?
[Reply]
omowasu 10:59 PM 03-07-2013
Originally Posted by bdgile:
Anyone buy 90% recently at a decent price?
I may be selling some 90%, Ill PM you if I do. Id sell with no premium to a BOTL. I have a good mix of halves and dimes.
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:10 AM 03-08-2013
Bought a 1oz Stagecoach divisible bar because they look sweet. Also bought (3) 2013 Silver Eagles yesterday at the local coin shop for $34 each out the door. They are flawless and extremely shiny :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:02 AM 03-12-2013
A guy on AR15.com is selling Silver Eagles for $33 each shipped. I am buying a few.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up