Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Winter Photos
RevSmoke 04:55 PM 01-08-2013
Some people don't like winter. I don't mind it. Here are some pictures I took the other day of hoarfrost on some local plants. Hoarfrost forms as the "dew" falls in the evening and lightly covers things and when the temperature is right to freeze it as it falls. When the sun rises and catches it right, it is a wonder to behold as it shows up in the morning. But, as the sun rises, it quickly disappears.) It is soooo cooool looking!

[Reply]
Bondo 287 05:21 PM 01-08-2013
:-)

nice !
Warming trend over here. 40 degrees today.
[Reply]
Robulous78 05:27 PM 01-08-2013
Nice...
[Reply]
longknocker 05:31 PM 01-08-2013
:-) Don't See That In Mobile!:-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 10:38 AM 01-09-2013
That's right, Greg! Might as well be on Mars.

Great looking shots, Rev!
[Reply]
SvilleKid 10:46 AM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-) Don't See That In Mobile!:-)
And only occasionally in central Bama!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:11 AM 01-09-2013
Thanks for sharing Rev!
I think winter is beautiful when the snow is still white.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:22 AM 01-09-2013
Awesome photos.

I agree, winter is beautiful.
Here is my winter view.
Sorry, couldn't resist.:-)

I do occasionally miss the snow but photos like yours fill the void.:-)

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:24 AM 01-09-2013
Yah I could miss the snow just fine from Carlos' place!
[Reply]
Stevez 11:28 AM 01-09-2013
Great pics Rev and thanks for sharing. I have never heard that term to be honest, but have seen the actual results in nature. Truly beautiful even if it can damage some fragile trees. Gorgeous to look at. Thanks. Steve
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:32 AM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Awesome photos.

I agree, winter is beautiful.
Here is my winter view.
Sorry, couldn't resist.:-)

I do occasionally miss the snow but photos like yours fill the void.:-)
Been there, done that. Lived in Southern California for 3 years. I missed winter, would never go south for the winter.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:05 PM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Been there, done that. Lived in Southern California for 3 years. I missed winter, would never go south for the winter.
I have to admit I do miss it some after spending 30 years in it but I find that in the southern winter, there is much more living as daylight lasts longer and you can hang out in shorts and flip flops and tend to be more active.
The great thing is this great land of ours has so much to offer for all.
No matter where you are, there is a tremendous amount of beauty to be had to be happy.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:24 PM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by Stevez:
Great pics Rev and thanks for sharing. I have never heard that term to be honest, but have seen the actual results in nature. Truly beautiful even if it can damage some fragile trees. Gorgeous to look at. Thanks. Steve
Actually. at this point in the winter up here, it doesn't do any damage. I does though, in the spring especially and sometimes in the fall.
[Reply]
Up