Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>AF Curly Head vs AF Curly Head Deluxe?
Mr. Ed 11:54 AM 12-10-2008
What is the difference between these two cigars besides packaging? Do they have different blends?
[Reply]
Silound 12:16 PM 12-10-2008
I believe the Curly Heads only come in a claro or cameroon wrapper and only in boxes of 40 without bands.

The CHD's are cameroon or maduro, and come in boxes of 25 with bands.

They are the same size
[Reply]
Cigary 12:24 PM 12-10-2008
I'd think they are the same taste as well. As daddy said before, you can put lipstick on a pig,,,it's still a pig.
[Reply]
BamBam 12:36 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
What is the difference between these two cigars besides packaging? Do they have different blends?
The unbanded curly head is much better. The difference is that the Curly Head Deluxe is Medium filler vs. the unbanded regular Curly Head being short filler. The unbanded regular curly head gets it's filler from the leftover tobacco's of AF's super premiums (Hemingway, Don Carlos, Opus) and is wrapped in a cameroon wrapper. I love the regular curly head and do not care for the deluxe.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 12:23 AM 08-10-2014
Originally Posted by BamBam:
The unbanded curly head is much better. The difference is that the Curly Head Deluxe is Medium filler vs. the unbanded regular Curly Head being short filler. The unbanded regular curly head gets it's filler from the leftover tobacco's of AF's super premiums (Hemingway, Don Carlos, Opus) and is wrapped in a cameroon wrapper. I love the regular curly head and do not care for the deluxe.
Pardon me reviving a super ancient thread, but if the unbanded regular Curly Head gets it's short-fill tobaccos from AF super premiums, where does the medium-fill tobacco come from for the alleged lesser Curly Head Deluxe?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:33 AM 08-11-2014
Originally Posted by ColdCuts:
where does the medium-fill tobacco come from for the alleged lesser Curly Head Deluxe?
Since both cigars are the same blend, they get the baccy from the same source.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:40 AM 08-11-2014
Yeah, from what I recall A.F. uses pretty much the same tobacco in both of them. It's all leftover stuff from rolling everything else. The difference I believe is the deluxe has a band, and the construction is a bit more refined.
[Reply]
shilala 12:32 PM 08-11-2014
I figure they put more poop in the curly head deluxe, but I only ever had one. About a half inch of one, if I'm gonna be totally honest. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 01:14 PM 08-11-2014
Originally Posted by shilala:
I figure they put more poop in the curly head deluxe, but I only ever had one. About a half inch of one, if I'm gonna be totally honest. :-)
Yeah, but we mere mortals don't have your discrimination palate, Scott. :-)

I've only had one regular Curly Head, and found it "meh" at best. I know my cheap smokes, and there are better options than these for the same price, or less.
[Reply]
jjirons69 04:19 PM 08-11-2014
The CH Deluxe maduro was my favorite yard gar for quite a while. Give the chance, I'd smoke more of them. They was tasty and cheap. As I remember they used to be around $1.75 (probably more now).

Don't listen to Scott, he doesn't even like Partagas.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 10:23 AM 08-14-2014
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
The CH Deluxe maduro was my favorite yard gar for quite a while. Give the chance, I'd smoke more of them. They was tasty and cheap. As I remember they used to be around $1.75 (probably more now).
:-)

Tampa Sweethearts current pricing: From $3.00 [single] to $67.50 [box of 25]
[Reply]
Up