Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>iPhone cases
Rob_M 06:22 AM 12-30-2012
+1 for Lifeproof, bounce proof for sure :-)
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 07:01 AM 12-30-2012
I have a lifeproof, and i love it. I have not only dropped my phone from about 5 ft up i also had a machine gun fall on the screen and it just scratched the case.
[Reply]
DMK 07:02 AM 12-30-2012
The other suggestion I have is a Seal Line bag.
Like a heavy duty zip-loc bag, but you can use it through the window and the phone is kept completely clean and dry.
I carry my work phone in one and it has survived many 'nasty' swims.
[Reply]
markem 08:39 AM 12-30-2012
Originally Posted by White97Jimmy:
Since you aren't looking for waterproof, you might want to check out Cellhelmet. Got the ex one of these for her phone. She's broken every other 4s case she's had on her phone and hates the soft style cases since they attract so much dirt. Cellhelmet also comes with a 1yr phone "fix or replace" warranty. Very minimal with great protection and the clear shows off the nice look of the phone.
Adding to the list, Jimmy! Thank you very much!
[Reply]
White97Jimmy 04:27 PM 12-30-2012
No prob. I liked hers so much I preordered one for my iPhone 5.
[Reply]
Beagleone 05:10 PM 01-01-2013
I've been a big fan of the Otter Commuter series and have had one ever since the iPhone 3GS. Not as bulky as the Defender, but protects everything I need protected. I've dropped my iPhones several time with no ill effects. I haven't seen anyone with the Lifeproof, but have been curious about them. For me though, the Commuter is fine for slipping in and out of my pockets and every day usage.
[Reply]
markem 12:35 PM 01-02-2013
Looked in a pile of documents today and saw that I had a bunch of Best Buy coupons to use, so went there for a case. The best one for my use was the Otterbox Commuter, so that's what I have. Not completely thrilled, especially with the low quality of the screen shield, but it is what it is.

Thank you all for the advice and tips. I'm sure that I'll revisit this thread before too long.
[Reply]
richardgreen 02:13 AM 01-26-2013
Originally Posted by markem:
I have an iPhone 4S. I've had an Otterbox Defender Case since I got it. The rubber part is starting to fall apart, so I am looking around to see if there is something that meets my needs but is perhaps smaller than the Defender.
Mark its sad to know that it start to fall apart ..I would suggest you to use leather cases I've also used iPhone 3g, iPhone 4 and now upgraded to iPhone 5 for all the phones I've only used custom made leather cases they looks fabulous and also protects well.. :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 11:47 AM 01-26-2013
If this thread is still alive.

I prefer the phone to be as thin as possible so I use what I call sacrificial cases like the Incipio Feather. It protects it from scratches etc but one drop will destroy the case. However, the phone will come out unharmed. I have gone through 2 Feathers and a similar one from Incase.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:00 PM 01-26-2013
With my lifestyle, and budget, I find it impossible to make the case for an iPhone.
[Reply]
larryinlc 01:13 PM 01-26-2013
I use this one. Yes, it's super expensive, but it is oh so nice.

http://www.calypsocrystal.com/calyps...FedaMgodJycA3w

Larry
Attached: pr-4.jpg (71.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up