Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Mom Wants to Make Outdoor Flea Market Smoke-Free
DonnieW 07:57 AM 12-10-2008
Posting on behalf of a BOTL who lives in the area and frequents the flea market. Join Facebook and the group and let her know what you think...

http://www.canada.com/abbotsfordtime...9-1fea31906edb
[Reply]
DonnieW 08:03 AM 12-10-2008
One of our BOTL started a counter-point group: Abbotsford Flea Market Smoking Rights
[Reply]
goalie204 08:11 AM 12-10-2008
If it's outdoors....they should let people smoke if they want to.

I'm not joining facebook tho sorry
[Reply]
dunng 08:12 AM 12-10-2008
I joined and invited all my cigar contacts... 80 or so. :-)
[Reply]
spincycle 01:44 PM 12-10-2008
I joined Abbotsford Flea Market Smoking Rights. I'd encourage other BOTL's to do the same! It's just getting out of hand in Canada these days.
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 01:50 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by goalie204:

x2.
People are mind bogglingly selfish.

Tell her you don't like her shirt she can't wear it.:-)
[Reply]
rsamos 02:42 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper:
x2.
People are mind bogglingly selfish.

Tell her you don't like her shirt she can't wear it.:-)
Be careful what you ask for.
[Reply]
Snake Hips 02:45 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by rsamos:
Haha!
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 02:49 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by rsamos:
Touche.

LOL!
[Reply]
webjunkie 06:20 PM 12-10-2008
I think that her reaction is completely overboard, but at the very least she did want a designated smoking area, not to ban it completely. While it's infuriating that people would go so far to ban smoking outdoors I did wonder about something. Her complaint seems to stem from the fact that she is taking her infant shopping with her and people are lighting up right next to her. I know that the inmates here are considerate of those around them (to a point, if I'm sitting somewhere and you sit next to me and then ask me to put it out, no way jose), but who in their right mind stands next to someone with a child and then lights up? I feel that this is a situation that could be cleared up with the proper application of common sense and courtesy.

As for banning smoking outside, my response has and always will be: but I'm %*$&%@ outside!
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 08:12 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by webjunkie:
I think that her reaction is completely overboard, but at the very least she did want a designated smoking area, not to ban it completely. While it's infuriating that people would go so far to ban smoking outdoors I did wonder about something. Her complaint seems to stem from the fact that she is taking her infant shopping with her and people are lighting up right next to her. I know that the inmates here are considerate of those around them (to a point, if I'm sitting somewhere and you sit next to me and then ask me to put it out, no way jose), but who in their right mind stands next to someone with a child and then lights up? I feel that this is a situation that could be cleared up with the proper application of common sense and courtesy.

As for banning smoking outside, my response has and always will be: but I'm %*$&%@ outside!
But I want to take my baby into your B&M. You can't smoke there now.

See... it'll never end.
[Reply]
spincycle 08:38 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by webjunkie:

Check her other facebook links. She's also trying to ban people from smoking near bus shelters.

I live in Toronto, and there are no places left to enjoy a cigar except my own home now. Canada is getting out of control - it was a nice balance when we had properly segregated smokers areas.
[Reply]
webjunkie 10:23 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
But I want to take my baby into your B&M. You can't smoke there now.

See... it'll never end.
That's why think a heavy dose would apply. No smoking in B&Ms? It's a store that sells tobacco, why should they be smoke free?

Originally Posted by spincycle:
Check her other facebook links. She's also trying to ban people from smoking near bus shelters.

I live in Toronto, and there are no places left to enjoy a cigar except my own home now. Canada is getting out of control - it was a nice balance when we had properly segregated smokers areas.
Some people won't be happy until they get their way everywhere. At this rate she'll have it banned in your home because a non-smoker might visit.
[Reply]
DonnieW 06:34 PM 12-11-2008
She's got her work cut out for her. I think she expected to be thought of as the hero, but the fact is more people are coming out to support smokers than her little diatribe. It kills me that she'd take her innocent, priceless children to a flea market - the place of all things counterfeit and unregulated - yet somehow smoking is her concern.
[Reply]
zmancbr 07:37 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by goalie204:

:-) I have no desire to join facebook or any of the others sites, but if they get petition or something going I would sign it.
[Reply]
Up