Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>My Collection
Joshd 05:01 PM 11-07-2012
Hey guys,

I don't usually mingle on cigar forums but I am a past enthusiast and am parting with my collection. Would anyone be offended if I put up a post about the collection here?
Sorry, I am aware this is my first post..

Many thanks,
J
pnoon 05:04 PM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by Joshd:
Hey guys,

I don't usually mingle on cigar forums but I am a past enthusiast and am parting with my collection. Would anyone be offended if I put up a post about the collection here?
Sorry, I am aware this is my first post..

Many thanks,
J
Unfortunately, Cigar Asylum does not permit sales from new members until they gain access to the buy/sell sub-forum. Access is obtained after time and participation.
TJarv 05:04 PM 11-07-2012
You are unable to post a for sale ad this early in your Cigar Asylum career, but you could head over to the new inmate section and introduce yourself and hangout for a minute.
TJarv 05:05 PM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Unfortunately, Cigar Asylum does not permit sales from new members until they gain access to the buy/sell sub-forum. Access is obtained after time and participation.
Damn beat me to it
pnoon 05:06 PM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
Damn beat me to it
There is a reason my user name is red. :-)
jjirons69 05:07 PM 11-07-2012
With no trades or known interactions, I doubt many, if any, would send money hoping you'd ship. Too much to risk.
TJarv 05:07 PM 11-07-2012
All hail pnoon and his fast fingers:-)
jjirons69 05:09 PM 11-07-2012
Diaper rash? :-)
T.G 05:34 PM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
Diaper rash? :-)

:-)
forgop 06:56 PM 11-07-2012
Only if you have lots of dancing naners in your posts. :-):-):-)
Brooks W 08:00 PM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by forgop:
or some 1980's Davidoffs.

:-)
alwayslit 08:34 PM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by forgop:
LOL
cigarmonkel 08:34 AM 11-08-2012
if he is willing to ship first before someone makes a payment some people might be open to it.
T.G 08:43 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel:
if he is willing to ship first before someone makes a payment some people might be open to it.

:-) :-)
cigarmonkel 08:46 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
:-) :-)
haha just saying!
T.G 08:49 AM 11-08-2012
haha just saying!
I'm curious as to what part of Peter's post you didn't understand.

Those rules were written with and for good reasons. Just saying.
cigarmonkel 08:54 AM 11-08-2012
i understand peter's post 100% which said he is locked out of the WTS section until he sticks around for a bit. but what happens through PM's is a completely different story.

If I personally know someone who I trust and he joins and says he has these cigars up for sale and assuming I wanted them, I would just shoot him a PM. Not to mention a certain type of cigar that gets sold only through PM's.

edit: I do not know JoshD personally and am not vouching for him or saying I know him personally.
T.G 08:56 AM 11-08-2012
i understand peter's post 100% which said he is locked out of the WTS section until he sticks around for a bit. but what happens through PM's is a completely different story.

If I personally know someone who I trust and he joins and says he has these cigars up for sale and assuming I wanted them, I would just shoot him a PM. Not to mention a certain type of cigar that gets sold only through PM's.
Yet you just advocated subverting the rules with an unknown.

You might understand the content of Peter's post, but understanding the reasons why is questionable.

Keep on digging, kid.
pnoon 08:58 AM 11-08-2012
No.
That is not in accordance with CA rules.

edit: I do not know JoshD personally and am not vouching for him or saying I know him personally.
What you are suggesting is that if someone doesn't have access to the WTS forum, they can offer up sales in the public forum, complete the transaction via PM and essentially give our rules the proverbial finger.

That ain't gonna happen.
We're done here.
Up