Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>julius caesar by diamond crown
cigarmonkel 10:16 AM 11-07-2012
Anyone know anything about these? I found a review on a different website but didn't really say too much. Also did a search on here and didn't come up with much either. They were sitting in a local B&M and i really like that B&M and feel "obligated" (thats how i justify myself :-)) to "support local business" and I can never leave without purchasing a few sticks so i picked up a couple but know nothing about them.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 10:40 AM 11-07-2012
I am not good at reviews, but I do like the maduros. I will treat myself to one every once and a while at my local B&M.
[Reply]
Cville Cigar 11:06 AM 11-07-2012
I've not had a Juluis Caesar, but have smoked and enjoyed the Diamond Crown Maxmius. That was a REALLY good cigar.
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 11:08 AM 11-07-2012
the DC Maximus's are a fantastic smoke but at around 20 bucks a pop so many other insanely tasty smokes are available. But you can never go wrong with a DC Maximus.
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:09 AM 11-07-2012
Way out of my price range for an NC.
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 11:27 AM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
unfortunately, i do not have a place where i can get CC's from on a regular basis like a B&M. Even though CC's are cheaper then NC's, i feel as though if i make an order i'd wanna go big or go home. I also can't bring myself to pull a trigger on a full box when I've never tried the cigar but only heard about them. but thats just me.
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:51 AM 11-07-2012
I can see your point and I will elaborate by saying it's rare I'll pay 20 dollars for a Cuban cigar as well as the NC's.
[Reply]
RobR1205 11:59 AM 11-07-2012
Have one haven't smoked it yet... :-)
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 12:02 PM 11-07-2012
I rarely will spend 20 bucks on a cigar unless it's one thats HTF or i know is worth it. The Julius Caesar was a impulse buy for sure though (as most of my B&M buys are haha). I try to stick to a 15-17 dollar max and even then those are cigars I only bust out for certain occasions.
[Reply]
RobR1205 12:10 PM 11-07-2012
I hear ya on that...I'm all about the steals and deals on the good stuff. Picked up a fiver of Diamond Crowns on the devil sight for only 40 and Maximus for 45.
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 12:12 PM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by RobR1205:
I hear ya on that...I'm all about the steals and deals on the good stuff. Picked up a fiver of Diamond Crowns on the devil sight for only 40 and Maximus for 45.
thats a steal!
[Reply]
BigCat 12:29 PM 11-07-2012
I had one while killing a few hours before a flight out of Fort Lauderdale. There was a B&M on the same street as my hotel. I thought it was mediocre and not worth the coin, but it was also wet having just come out of their walk in. I should probably give one another try after it rests for a bit, but at those prices I'm not sure I will.
[Reply]
Brlesq 01:20 PM 11-07-2012
I think the DC Maximus is much better than the Julius Caesar. Cool cigar band on it, though.
[Reply]
Tallman 01:23 PM 11-07-2012
I went to a Diamond Crown event and bought a couple Julius Caeser (yeah, that's how they spell it) sticks to get a free one. And a free dinner and drinks.
I think they're a pretty good stick, though as others have noted, it's pretty spendy. There are better buys out there.
Best regards,
Murray
[Reply]
mahtofire14 01:24 PM 11-07-2012
I have one on it's way to me right now. I will let you know how it is when I smoke it. I also agree with the DC Maximus comments. This is probably my favorite cigar, when I can afford it of course. They have robustos on Tampa Sweethearts for a shade under $12/stick. Pretty solid deal if you ask me. Ordered a couple of them along with my JC and Opus X Fuente Fuente.
[Reply]
Sumatra Samurai 01:27 PM 11-07-2012
I smoked one of those at Caesar's palace! Too cool, or made it was cliché... Anyways, good smoke, but not worth the price.
[Reply]
Cville Cigar 01:51 PM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
I agree, but it was a WTF moment and it was good:-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 03:15 PM 11-07-2012
Decent smoke, not worth the money. Was originally planned to be only available at Diaond Crown Lounges (where I got mine), now they are available pretty much anywhere. I think they didn't go over well in the Lounges so they released them out to maybe sell more of.
I did a review on my site of the robusto if you want more thoughts of it.
[Reply]
Up