Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>A.F. Between the Lines
Cville Cigar 07:23 PM 10-02-2012
I found some Between the Lines at a local shop, priced at $17. Is this a stick that I should get and stow away in my hunidor?:-)
Thanks...
[Reply]
icehog3 07:27 PM 10-02-2012
$17 isn't a horrible price for those, I've seen them higher.

Bottom line, do you like the Fuente Hemingway profile? If you do, these would be a nice premium cigar. If you're not sure, maybe smoke one "fresh" and see if it's in your wheelhouse, and if so, stock up.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:28 PM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by Cville Cigar:
I found some Between the Lines at a local shop, priced at $17. Is this a stick that I should get and stow away in my hunidor?:-)
Thanks...
Do you like them?
Seems a bit pricey to me but they're HTF so if you like them and you're willing to pa $17/stick, go for it. What other folks think doesn't matter.
:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 07:34 PM 10-02-2012
Like Peter said, getem if you like them. They are good, IMO
[Reply]
omowasu 07:45 PM 10-02-2012
Smoke one, if you like them, buy a few. You can always resell them for around what you paid if your tastes change :-)

Fuente limited edition sticks are always a good buy, and almost always a good smoke.
[Reply]
ddoubleujr 08:16 PM 10-02-2012
I've got a couple AF BTL's that's been aging nicely for about 2 years. If ya want to trade or make a deal I'd be happy to help.
[Reply]
quantim0 08:56 PM 10-02-2012
I bought a pair (left and right hand wrap) because they look cool. I cant say I plan on smoking them.
[Reply]
czerbe 09:12 AM 10-03-2012
Originally Posted by quantim0:
I bought a pair (left and right hand wrap) because they look cool. I cant say I plan on smoking them.
This brings up a Question? Do you buy smokes that you don't plan on Smoking? Doesn't seem like a good investment to me. I know others have talked about it but every smoke I buy I plan on burning at somepoint. Its like buying a screwdriver if your not going to use it? Why buy it then. Just my :-)
[Reply]
poriggity 09:18 AM 10-03-2012
Originally Posted by czerbe:
This brings up a Question? Do you buy smokes that you don't plan on Smoking? Doesn't seem like a good investment to me. I know others have talked about it but every smoke I buy I plan on burning at somepoint. Its like buying a screwdriver if your not going to use it? Why buy it then. Just my :-)
Im with you. I'd personally never buy a cigar that I didn't plan to smoke... Just doesn't make sense to me.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:21 AM 10-03-2012
Buy one and try it...if you enjoy it and feel it's worth the price, you can always go back and buy more. :-)
[Reply]
bigswol2 09:22 AM 10-03-2012
I have a few probably over 10 yrs old. Not really a cigar that benefits from aging. Mild to med in body and a very nice flavor. A solid cigar but it doesn't change much from fresh.
[Reply]
quantim0 02:46 PM 10-03-2012
Not usually, but I have a few here and there that just look cool, BTLs, culebras, stuff like that. I see them more as a cool form of art than a cigar.

None of them are very expensive and I want to display them whenever I get a cabinet.
[Reply]
cmitch 02:56 PM 10-03-2012
Me and another guy split a box at half price week before last. We paid $212 for the box or 8.48 each. Honestly, they are great cigars but for $17.00? No. It's easily a 10.00 to 11.00 stick but I don't see the value in paying 17 for a 4 5/8 inch stick. I enjoy the Work of Art Maduros better.
[Reply]
whodeeni 10:51 AM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by cmitch:
Me and another guy split a box at half price week before last. We paid $212 for the box or 8.48 each. Honestly, they are great cigars but for $17.00? No. It's easily a 10.00 to 11.00 stick but I don't see the value in paying 17 for a 4 5/8 inch stick. I enjoy the Work of Art Maduros better.
^^This^^
[Reply]
dubleuhb 09:18 PM 10-14-2012
I enjoy them but I light them up as a special occasion/celebratory cigar.

Disclaimer, I confess to be a Fuenteholic.
[Reply]
milhouse 07:32 PM 10-16-2012
i agree that the WOAM (or any hemi maduro) is better. They are more of a novelty imho.
[Reply]
cmitch 07:25 AM 10-17-2012
I wouldn't consider a consumable an investment anyway. If cigars were an investment, I'd have to say I've lost thousands!:-):-)
[Reply]
Up