Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Colorado bound
BloodSpite 05:56 PM 09-25-2012
For a bit anyway. Job has had me running around like a chicken with my head cut off so I haven't been around as much as I would like. School aint been no breeze either:-)

But I'm heading to Colorado Springs for a day or three to look at a job site for work and figured I'd check and see if anyone knew a good place to pick up smokes there while I was in the area!
[Reply]
equetefue 05:59 PM 09-25-2012
Best of luck over there. Beautiful scenery for a nice smoke for sure.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 06:01 PM 09-25-2012
good luck on the search
[Reply]
Ogre 06:08 PM 09-25-2012
Good luck brother!!!!
[Reply]
mhailey 09:24 PM 09-25-2012
If you can get to the south side of Denver,The Smoking Cave is a great place to grab a smoke. Is owned by a member here caveman.
[Reply]
physiognomy 09:35 PM 09-25-2012
I've spent some time at these two shops... Stag is a great shop that I've enjoyed visiting & I know some of the local guys preferred Peak, but I'm not sure they are open anymore?

Stag Tobacconist - http://stagtobacconist.net/Stag%20To...st%20Home.html

Peak Cigars - http://www.peakcigars.com/
[Reply]
Justinphilly 01:29 AM 09-26-2012
Have a great trip. Make sure to take some time to relax and enjoy the scenery. Colorado is beautiful.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 01:33 AM 09-26-2012
I second The Stag I was out there in July and picked up a 2005 Camacho Liberty.

Originally Posted by physiognomy:
I've spent some time at these two shops... Stag is a great shop that I've enjoyed visiting & I know some of the local guys preferred Peak, but I'm not sure they are open anymore?

Stag Tobacconist - http://stagtobacconist.net/Stag%20To...st%20Home.html

Peak Cigars - http://www.peakcigars.com/

[Reply]
karylleB 02:25 AM 09-26-2012
Good luck to you! Just don't give up and think positive.
[Reply]
BloodSpite 12:33 PM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by mhailey:
If you can get to the south side of Denver,The Smoking Cave is a great place to grab a smoke. Is owned by a member here caveman.
I'll be down in Colorado Springs, but I might make it up that direction the third week of October! Thanks for the tip!
[Reply]
BloodSpite 12:34 PM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate:
I second The Stag I was out there in July and picked up a 2005 Camacho Liberty.
Thanks guys! I'll see if I can't locate both locations! Heck may be worth it just to post some traveling cigar shop pics if nothing else! :-)
[Reply]
billybarue 09:20 PM 09-26-2012
off subject of cigars but if you like a world class brunch, hit the Broadmoor on Sunday AM. Garden of gods, pikes Peak, and game at USAFA if you have time but sounds like 3 days of work won't give you much time. Nice time of year in the Springs - enjoy.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 10:04 PM 09-26-2012
I agree the brunch at the Broadmoor
is excellent and garden of the gods is great. Manitou
Spring is a nice little town for shops also.

Originally Posted by billybarue:
off subject of cigars but if you like a world class brunch, hit the Broadmoor on Sunday AM. Garden of gods, pikes Peak, and game at USAFA if you have time but sounds like 3 days of work won't give you much time. Nice time of year in the Springs - enjoy.

[Reply]
CigarDojo 12:10 PM 09-27-2012
Not sure about Co Springs but I live in Denver and the best place to get a cigar is Edwards Pipe and Tobacco on S. Broadway. HUGE walk-in humidor and their prices are awesome!!
[Reply]
joeobx 06:03 AM 09-28-2012
Joe, if you have the time take a trip up Pikes Peak, it would be an awesome place to have a smoke and take in the scenery.....make sure you take a coat.
[Reply]
BloodSpite 07:42 AM 10-07-2012
Originally Posted by joeobx:
Joe, if you have the time take a trip up Pikes Peak, it would be an awesome place to have a smoke and take in the scenery.....make sure you take a coat.
Thanks man! I went up to the Peak on my last trip but I totally forgot a stogie. Fortunately I'm going back again on the 14th so I'll be packing one then!
[Reply]
Up