Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Things to do in Louisville KY?
s15driftking 09:23 AM 08-24-2012
On my way to Louisville for the weekend. Staying downtown at the Seelbach Hilton. Have 54 holes of golf lined up with some great friends who are all cigar smokers.

Where should we buy cigars?

Where should we go for steak?

Where can we smoke/drink (cigar bars)?

What else would you recommend doing?

Thanks guys!
[Reply]
Coach Deg 11:45 AM 08-24-2012
Louisville Slugger museum!!!! It was awesome!!!

If you like baseball.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 12:00 PM 08-24-2012
Go to J Shepard cigars off Bardstown road, a very great shop!
As far as things to do you can catch a paddle boat ride on the Belle of Louisville, check out a Riverbats AAA game, and check out 4th street live for dining. There is also a Ruth Chris steakhouse near Shelbyville road. If you are into Bourbon all the distilleries are within an hour of Louisville. Unfortunately the city of Louisville passed a smoking law several years ago that does not allow smoking indoors but if you talk to Jason at J Shepard cigars he will point you in the right direction.
[Reply]
never_enough 12:10 PM 08-24-2012
J Sheperd for cigars

I like Jeff Ruby's for steak but its really expensive. Ruth Chris is always a reliable choice too.

Slugger museum is cool. Bourbon trail is awesome too if you have the time and like bourbon. I'm not a huge 4th street live fan, but I enjoyed the Makers Mark Lounge.

Where are you golfing?
[Reply]
Stevez 06:56 PM 08-24-2012
The Slugger Museum is great; the Frazier Museum is off the charts if you are a history buff, especially firearms and other weapons. Ruby's is great; Mortons is downtown as well and I think both of these are better than Ruth Chris'. Never been to J Spepherds, but it's on my list. There is a fairly new cigar shop called Riverside in Jeffersonville, Indiana (right across the bridge) that is supposed to be good. There are Cox's smokes/liquor stores all over and most of them have a great selection of smokes too.

Take a ride/stroll down Bardstown road if you can. Very eclectic place to visit; plenty of bars and nightclubs. If you get a chance, I highly recommend Lynn's Paradise Cafe for any meal, but fantastic breakfast. Was on a Bobby Flay's Throwdown challenge and she won! Have a great time and welcome to Louisville. Steve
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 09:20 PM 08-24-2012
If you're looking for a beer, there's only one place to go... Sergio's World Beers. They have them all. Story Ave just North of I-64.
[Reply]
Zane 01:45 PM 08-25-2012
And if you go onto the Indiana side you should be able to smoke in the B&M.
[Reply]
Tredegar 07:09 AM 08-26-2012
Don't forget to pick up some cheroots.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 07:41 AM 08-26-2012
Speaking of Bardstown Road ......... Bardstown is only about 45 to 50 minutes away from Louisville and has a few nice attractions of its own.

1. My Old Kentucky Dinner Train ( http://www.kydinnertrain.com/ ): take a 2.5 hour train ride in a passenger/dining car while eating good food.

2. The Rickhouse Restaurant and Lounge ( http://www.therickhouse-bardstown.com/ ): excellent steaks, excellent drinks and excellent atmosphere (dark wood, exposed brick, exposed beams, old wine barrels, etc.). It's located in the basement of a very old and historic building that began as a religious school in the 1800's, was used as a hospital during the Civil War then later became an orphanage. Make a reservation to be sure you get a table. The service isn't speedy like a fast food joint; instead the pace is southern, leisurely and very amenable to good conversation with friends. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant.

3. Old Talbott Tavern ( http://www.talbotts.com/html/history.html ) Very old tavern with lots of interesting history. I've never eaten here but my dad is relatively local (lives in Frankfort) and says it's worth the drive down from his home. In addition to the food you can expect good bourbon; you're in an ancient tavern and you're in bourbon country. :-)
[Reply]
Up