Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Luj Fugitive
kelmac07 09:56 PM 07-05-2012
A few months back, Lenguamor (Joe) posted a review of the Luj Morpheus (maduro). I made a comment about how I would be on the lookout for them as they sounded right up my alley. A few months passed and I received a PM from Luj (screen here on CA) that he wanted to send me a few for an honest review. Who am I to turn down free sticks? So, of course I jumped at the chance.

Fast forward a few weeks later and I receive a three pack...Fugitive (connecticut), Morpheus (maduro), and the third one I cannot recall the name (but I believe it to be a corojo wrapper). I lit up the Fugitive this afternoon. Now, keep in mind, I haven't smoke a connecticut wrapped cigar in almost three years.

There is next to no information about the Luj brand that I could find, let alone this specific Fugitive stick. LUJ's Facebook page doesn't have a product lineup, bit a few random pics.

Price: ???
Churchill: 7 X 52 (my best guess)
Wrapper: Conecticut
Binder: ???
Filler: ???

Prelight: Few small veins. Open foot. Little floral on the perfect draw.

1/3: Slight leather/floral taste. Ash hold on for the entire first third.

2/3: Hint of cedar accompanies the leather. Ash unasses itself as soon as I begin the second third. Very smooth!! Reminds me a lot of the Tatuaje Series Ps.

3/3: Produced tons of smoke every puff with no effort. Only flavors I could pick up were a continuing leathery/cedar flavor.

Final thoughts: This was a damn fine stick!! I am not a fan of connecticut wrapped sticks at all, but I could see myself enjoying more of these. Great change of pace stick for me. Now if I can find them.

[Reply]
kelmac07 09:57 PM 07-05-2012

Thanks to Luj for allowing me to try this new stick. Damn fine stick...perfect draw, well constructed and very flavorful!! Looking forward to the other two. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Up