Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Apple Came Through...
CigarNut 11:06 AM 07-01-2012
I purchased my iPhone 4 on June 29, 2010 along with an Applecare agreement. Recently, my iPhone started having issues with charging; I would get an alert "Charging not supported with this accessory". I tried different cables, USB adapters, computers, etc. No Luck.

Called Apple and they told me to bring the phone in to an Apple store which I did -- the next day. I was lucky because my warranty expired on the day that I made the call. Anyway, I went in to the store and they replaced the phone with a brand new one -- no charge. :-)

This is the only flaw with Applecare -- the warranty is only 2 years and cannot be extended. I got lucky this time.

This is the reason that I will probably get my next phone through Best Buy and get their extended warranty.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:07 AM 07-01-2012
On the last day of the warranty?? Sometimes it pays to be lucky. :-)
[Reply]
gbum 11:11 AM 07-01-2012
hoho lucky for you...
my 3gs also sometimes behaving like that... luckily still can recharge after 2-3 attempt...
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:12 PM 07-01-2012
Originally Posted by gbum:
hoho lucky for you...
my 3gs also sometimes behaving like that... luckily still can recharge after 2-3 attempt...
One think you might try is using a can of compressed air -- the same stuff they use on computers (it's static free) -- and try cleaning out the port. Apparently the docking ports collect a lot of lint and crap... :-)
[Reply]
BlkDrew 12:12 PM 07-01-2012
I have been very lucky with things going wrong right before the warranty is up.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:16 PM 07-01-2012
I never get extended warranties and have never needed one. The way I see it I have saved more than a replacement would cost now so I'm ahead of the warranty.
[Reply]
gbum 12:24 PM 07-01-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
One think you might try is using a can of compressed air -- the same stuff they use on computers (it's static free) -- and try cleaning out the port. Apparently the docking ports collect a lot of lint and crap... :-)
thanks Michael,
i do have an air gun back in studio... will do that tomorrow:-)
[Reply]
area51 12:27 PM 07-01-2012
Wow you got lucky!
[Reply]
Ogre 12:51 PM 07-01-2012
DAMN, that was lucky!!!
[Reply]
Up