Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Colorado is burning - the great fires of summer 2012
CigarDojo 09:42 AM 06-27-2012
This is just insane.

I've lived in Colorado my entire life and I have never seen anything like this before. The fires in Colorado are at epic proportions and there is no sign of stopping them anytime soon.

The worst fire was the one near Fort Collins but that has quickly been overtaken by the Waldo Canyon fire near Colorado Springs. Jere is an MSNBC report on it... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47974222.../#.T-spFytYtmo

How would you like to wake up to this....

I pray that all of the evacuees, firefighters, and anyone else involved remain safe. As for us... we are smack dab in the middle of both giant fires and while we live just a stones throw from the mountains there are no fires directly threatening us in any way which is a blessing.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 09:47 AM 06-27-2012
Hope you're ok man.
[Reply]
CigarDojo 09:51 AM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
Hope you're ok man.
For us the only problem is the smoke in the air makes my eyes burn.

That of course is nothing compared to what the porr folks are going through who live in the fire zone. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 01:08 PM 06-27-2012
DAMN, thats rough. I have always hated working brush fires.
[Reply]
maninblack 01:11 PM 06-27-2012
My cousin is a firefighter out there in Colorado. I pray he and everyone else stays safe.
[Reply]
markem 01:27 PM 06-27-2012
A new one started above Boulder last night. They are on pre-evac. My niece is there and my brother's family is in Monument, which is under pre-evac. My brother's work is in full "evac because we are going to lose this building" mode.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 01:45 PM 06-27-2012
My wife and I are supposed to be heading to colorado for Vacation.... we are probably changing our plans.

Our family friends we were going to meet live on the hillside in Colorado Springs are are packing now. They are on full evac as well. They back up to one of the small canyons... full of dry brush. Thinking about them...
[Reply]
Stephen 02:01 PM 06-27-2012
This is crazy. To give some perspective, that building is Falcon Stadium.
[Reply]
Gophernut 07:18 PM 06-27-2012
My goodness that is an amazing shot. Prayers for everyone involved in fighting it or in it's way.
[Reply]
smitty81 08:17 AM 06-29-2012
Any update on the fires?

Are they still blazing to no extent or are they starting to get controlled?

Did they get any rain yesterday/last night?
[Reply]
hotreds 08:57 AM 06-29-2012
Friends are about 15 miles away! Scary and prayers for safety for all.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:54 AM 06-29-2012
Prayers for everyone.
[Reply]
CigarDojo 09:15 AM 07-02-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
Any update on the fires?

Are they still blazing to no extent or are they starting to get controlled?

Did they get any rain yesterday/last night?
It seems like the worst might be over (knock on spanish cedar).

The huge Ft. Collins fire is pretty much out and the Waldo Canyon fire is about 55% contained. There are several other fires but none of them were as bad as those two.
[Reply]
Up