Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>LED TV's, what say you?
ysr_racer 08:48 PM 03-23-2012
I guess they're all the rage now. What say you?
[Reply]
longknocker 08:53 PM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
I guess they're all the rage now. What say you?
Supposedly, The New OLED Is The Best, Ever! I Just Purchased A New LCG Plasma Because I Felt The Picture Was Better, IMO.:-)
[Reply]
oooo35980 08:56 PM 03-23-2012
Still new enough to be overpriced and I can't tell the difference from Plasma. I think the lower power consumption is the main selling point, and longer life.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 09:00 PM 03-23-2012
I just have a basic LCD tv but this may help
http://reviews.cnet.com/tv-buying-gu...a-lcd-led-tvs/
[Reply]
hammondc 09:56 PM 03-23-2012
They are the state-of-the-art right now. You get the brightness of the LCD and the inky blacks of Plasma. Like Isaiah, I have a tough telling my Plasma (Panasonic) from a quality LED.

OLED is going to be UHMAZING. I am budgeting for a new set in the next 2 or so years.
[Reply]
thecatch83 10:17 PM 03-23-2012
I say wait........Four years ago I purchased an LCD 42 inch LG tv from Best Buy for $1500.........now, they are going for $400

LED's will be marked down in a year if you can wait, the picture is significantly better. On another note, a buddy of mine just got a new 3D tv bundle and it is incredible.....we watched the latest swimsuit edition in 3D and it's better quality than regular HD
[Reply]
Thrak 02:42 AM 03-24-2012
TBH, I prefer my CFL LCD over the LEDs I've seen... unless they've made a huge improvement, the blooming of white on black was just too much for me. Even though the blacks are defintely blacker...

Think about credits scrolling on a black back ground. The letters arent sharp, they "glow" on the edge.. its annoying because once you see it like that you can see it on alot of things that have a big contrast difference.
[Reply]
Up