Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Tell me about illusione
RichardW 06:35 PM 03-11-2012
Originally Posted by Silound:
There's something about the Epernay line, the rustic tobacco taste that just appeals to me. I never cared much for many of the regular Illusione lines (just the HL and MK), but I always found the Epernay lines to be perfectly balanced for a regular smoke.

Price points run in the $7-15 range, depending on the size and your local tobacco tax, so they're well priced.
:-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 08:27 PM 03-11-2012
Epernay and Holy Lance. Quality. Someone used the descriptive term "leathery". Yeah.
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 08:37 PM 03-11-2012
I love the full body of the mk ultra.
[Reply]
lenguamor 12:40 AM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
If you search the Island (The other ones) Reviews forum for "illusione", you'll find about 100 related threads, most of which are reviews, of the various illusione cigars.
[Reply]
thecatch83 06:48 PM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I freaking love Illusione
Agreed! They are no nonsense, and don't get caught up in the ridiculous limited edition production insanity that is wreaking havic in the cigar industry. They just produce quality Cuban influenced smokes for the every day consumer!

The HL Maduro is one of my top ten!
[Reply]
Bruzee 07:02 PM 03-12-2012
I've liked everyone that I've smoked, especially the 88 and Epernay.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 06:57 AM 03-13-2012
The Illusione line is probably my second favorite line right now only next to DE Liga Privada line. I love that no matter which Illusione I grab I can count on great flavor and a great experience. The maduro line, recently introduced, is very very tasty! 88 maddie is delicious!

I love Illusione! :-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 12:26 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by thecatch83:
Agreed! They are no nonsense, and don't get caught up in the ridiculous limited edition production insanity that is wreaking havic in the cigar industry. They just produce quality Cuban influenced smokes for the every day consumer!

The HL Maduro is one of my top ten!
From what I have read, Dion was trying to replicate Nicaraguan cigars from the pre-Sandinistas era in the 1970's. I'm a big Illusione fan and like the mk, HL and CG4s the best. Just started smoking the maduro variety of these, but still prefer the originals. :-)
[Reply]
papichulo 07:02 AM 03-18-2012
hmmm, you really need to visit his shops up in Reno, NV and take the world tour. IMHO, he uses some of the best non-cub tobacco from Tropical. I really enjoy this line. You cannot go wrong with MK or the Dantes Marios. The "A" was 2 hours of bliss.
[Reply]
thecatch83 12:05 AM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by tsolomon:
From what I have read, Dion was trying to replicate Nicaraguan cigars from the pre-Sandinistas era in the 1970's. I'm a big Illusione fan and like the mk, HL and CG4s the best. Just started smoking the maduro variety of these, but still prefer the originals. :-)

"The idea behind Illusione was to create a cigar that was would appeal to modern day cigar smokers, but also reflected a specific taste profile of past years. Illusione is made from tobacco from the Somoza fields in Nicaragua, and was made to replicate cigars from the pre-Sandinistas era in the 1970's. Master grower Arcenio Ramos of Cuba has overseen the Illusione crop in order to make sure quality is assured. These fields that were once barren have now been re-grown to their fullest potential.

Illusione cigars are made from first generation Corojo ‘99 and Criollo ‘98 seeds. The cigars are then wrapped with a premium Colorado wrapper and finished with a triple cap in the premier Raices Cubanas factory. The Illusione is not a flavored cigar, but for the smoker who desires something that comes closer to a Cuban cigar than most Cubans now-a-days. Dion is making sure that production on Illusione is going to be limited, so don’t wait, buy a box now and see what all the hype is about, before they’re gone for good!"

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up