Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>A. Turrent triple corojo short robusto
Don Fernando 03:07 PM 03-02-2012
I've been smoking quite a few Mexican cigars lately, due to Intertabac where we stopped at the A. Turrent booth. I smoked and reviewed the whole Te-Amo world selection series and the A. Turrent triple play recently and today I reviewed a A. Turrent Triple Corojo short robusto. As the name implies, this cigar is made purely from corojo tobacco. The filler comes from Mexico, Honduras and Nicaragua, the binder is Nicaraguan with a San Andres corojo wrapper. The short robusto measures 4½x54. The robusto will be available in The Netherlands soon.

The cigar looks messy with lots of veins on a latte colored wrapper. The construction feels good and I smell a strong barnyard aroma. The predraw is fine. I taste dry tobacco and dried raisin.

I taste a spicy and bitter earthy flavor with coffee and some grass. The flavors are full but dry. I get a sweet flavor on the background. After half an inch I taste sweet leather with a little bit of citrus and some sweetness in the aftertaste. After three quarters of an inch I taste some toast and nuts. After a third I taste leather with hay, mild spicy and some bitterness in the aftertaste. The hay flavor is dominant.

Halfway I taste some pepper, a little bit of citrus and some hay. The aftertaste is spicy. After two thirds I taste fresh wood and coffee. The cigar gets spicy too and the aftertaste is peppery.

The smoke time of this cigar is an hour and thirty-five minutes. The draw is great and I got a lot of smoke. The burn was a bit crooked and the ash is dark and ugly but firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I might

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 08:27 AM 03-04-2012
Not a bad smoke...