Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>A. Turrent triple play toro
Don Fernando 03:05 PM 03-02-2012
A.Turrent is a Mexican cigar manufacturer famous for the Te-Amo and A.Turrent cigars. About a year ago they released the A. Turrent Triple Play, a cigar made with all maduro tobacco from Nicaragua, Honduras and Mexico. There are two vitolas, a 4½x54 robusto and a 6x54 toro. I smoked the toro that I got in a sampler during the Intertabac trade show in Germany. The robusto will be released in The Netherlands soon with a € 4.00 price tag.

The cigar looks great with an almost black and oily wrapper and a nice silver colored band. I see a few veins and I smell a barnyard. The construction feels a bit firm. The predraw is great and I taste some wood.

I taste pepper, an earthy flavor and some coffee. After half an inch I taste wood, earth and pepper, in the aftertaste I get some cacao with peppery earthy flavors. The wood disappears and my mouth feels dry. After an inch I taste black pepper with some musty wood. After a third I taste a muddy earthy flavor with a hint of cacao, the pepper has almost completely disappeared.

Halway I taste wood and a bit more cacao. The pepper slowly returns and I get some lemon zest in the aftertaste. After two thirds I get coffee with some citrus in the aftertaste. Soon a bit of cacao follows.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty-five minutes. The smoke was good, the coarse silver gray ash isn't firm at all. The burn is good though. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? The robusto will be released in The Netherlands soon and I will buy those.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
maninblack 06:13 PM 03-02-2012
Thanks for the review Ferdie! I love these smokes.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:15 PM 03-02-2012
I really dig these too. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Boobar 07:16 AM 03-03-2012
Solid stick, thanks for the review. :-)
[Reply]
Up