Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tat Cojonu 06
cigarmonkel 11:08 AM 02-19-2012
I found this guy hiding in the back behind a SW reserva box and asked the guy at the B&M if they had anymore. I was pretty excited and hopes were high but as he went through the boxes my hopes were shattered. With a disappointed look on my face he offered to sell it to me for 50% off and i happily took him up on his offer.
[IMG]Image[/IMG]

It was pretty bad but for 50% off i figured i could cut most of it off without taking the entire cap off and there would a small area without wrapper, but binding still intact. On my way home me and my girlfriend surprised me with a pint of knob creek; paired very nicely with my beaten up, scared and battered friend.
[IMG]Image[/IMG]

This review will lack in details since i do have a bit of a cough and am still trying to get over this weird throat/cold thing i have going on so my taste is a little off!

I was able to cut most of it off and the prelight draws were full of cedar and a little earthy.
[IMG]Image[/IMG]

for the first half or so the burn was a little uneven and i didn't bother to fix it cause i wanted to see if it would straighten itself out. I did have a couple friends over so it was getting pretty rapidly smoked for the first 1/3 or so. Flavors were very woody, possibly small hints of cedar. Maybe a little bit of grassyness to it as well. The draw was perfect for me and the smoke was extremely thick. The aroma was quite pleasant, my girlfriend and her friend sat next to me (and my buddies) the entire time that we smoked it, neither of the girls are into cigars or have been with me while i've smoked one. So that alone tells me it's gotta be good!

[IMG]Image[/IMG]
This cigar has stayed very consistent so far, the burn has managed to fix itself and the ash held strong for a solid inch, inch and a half. I was forcing the ash only cause i was smoking on my bed and didn't want any ash on my sheets... haha ash.. a** ok anyways... Still a lot of different flavors of wood are coming through, a little more earthy by this point. Draw is still amazing and the smoke is still very thick and heavy.

[IMG]Image[/IMG]
The last bit was amazing. The flavors were really coming through in full force, i rarely will nub a cigar but this one... this guy.. haha this guy was awesome!

My ONLY problem with tatuaje is... there are TOO many good smokes made by them out there and go figure, they are harder to find! I can only imagine what this would have tasted like if i wasn't sick. Definitely a cigar to keep an eye out for. I wouldn't say its a cigar to save for a special occasion, but not a yard gar either. A cigar when you can sit down and have the time and atmosphere to appreciate a good cigar.
[Reply]
boom 11:38 AM 02-19-2012
Nice review.... the Tat Cojonu 06 is one of my favs.... and at 50% off a great deal.
[Reply]
racerX 11:39 AM 02-19-2012
I love these and stashed a box. Gonna cry when I run out of them.
Sorry about your cold. Feel better.
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 11:43 AM 02-19-2012
One of my favorite Tat's. I bought a box, have about half of them left with a nice amount of down time on them. Really exceptional smokes; about broke my heart to see that one with it's wrapper all busted up. Glad it still smoked like a champ..!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:49 AM 02-19-2012
Nice review...even with the jacked up head. Sitting on one of these, the 2003 and the 2009. Have heard this is the best of the three.
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 12:15 PM 02-19-2012
part of me wishes i had saved it for when i wasn't sick but i figured with the busted up cap and wrapper just torch it up before it gets even worse. I still enjoyed it but the worse/greedy side of me still wonders how good it would have been if i wasn't sick.
[Reply]
lenguamor 03:20 PM 02-19-2012
Had a few of these and one or two still stashed away; love them.
[Reply]
Up