Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Provo, UT
ade06 12:02 PM 02-16-2012
Anyone live in Provo? Can anyone recommend a cigar shop or cigar friendly bar? Thanks!
[Reply]
Remo 02:51 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by ade06:
Anyone live in Provo? Can anyone recommend a cigar shop or cigar friendly bar? Thanks!
Are you serious? :-) Mormon capital of Utah, but seriously, there really aren't any :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 06:30 PM 02-16-2012
Mike lives out there, because it's the only place it's legal for cousin lovin.
[Reply]
sevans105 06:41 PM 02-16-2012
Google says there are two....one actually has a decent review. Probably your best bet.

http://www.google.com/m/place?cid=99...56ef,Provo,+UT
[Reply]
E.J. 09:44 PM 02-16-2012
There is a relatively nice(depends on what you are use to, by the looks of things, Philly...you will not be impressed) shop in Murray, which is about a 30-40 minute drive. Decent selection, usually have some FFOX, sometimes you have to ask though, depending on how much they have available.

There is ZERO indoor public smoking places in Utah that I am aware of....

Also, prepare to pay dearly.... Utah has the highest cigar tax in the nation.... "Buy a cigar, we'll kick you in the nuts" is our motto.
[Reply]
E.J. 09:50 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Mike lives out there, because it's the only place it's legal for cousin lovin.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Remo 09:57 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
:-):-):-)
Why you laughing, you live here also!!!! :-)
[Reply]
ade06 08:18 AM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by sevans105:
Google says there are two....one actually has a decent review. Probably your best bet.

http://www.google.com/m/place?cid=99...56ef,Provo,+UT
Thanks, I saw Stogies, but then I saw this http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...7e04e660f.html

I just assumed it was more of a head shop than a cigar shop.
[Reply]
Wanger 09:13 AM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
There is a relatively nice(depends on what you are use to, by the looks of things, Philly...you will not be impressed) shop in Murray, which is about a 30-40 minute drive. Decent selection, usually have some FFOX, sometimes you have to ask though, depending on how much they have available.

There is ZERO indoor public smoking places in Utah that I am aware of....

Also, prepare to pay dearly.... Utah has the highest cigar tax in the nation.... "Buy a cigar, we'll kick you in the nuts" is our motto.
Don't know the distance from Provo to SLC...I'd suggest getting him to the Piper Down. :-) You can smoke out back there and have a beer, at least.

As for your taxes...how bad are they? I think ours are 75% on wholesale. :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 09:46 AM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Don't know the distance from Provo to SLC...I'd suggest getting him to the Piper Down. :-) You can smoke out back there and have a beer, at least.

As for your taxes...how bad are they? I think ours are 75% on wholesale. :-)
86% of MSRP....:-)

Yea, a lot of places have designated areas outside to smoke.....that can be a little tougher in the cooler months. Though some put in heaters. One of my favorite places has a nice gas firepit outside, though I have never smoked a cigar at any of these places.
[Reply]
Up