Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket or Galaxy Note
ApexAZ 01:49 PM 02-16-2012
I'm sure I don't want another iPhone. I've used android and am fine with the software. I'm not loyal to any company really and dig change from time to time.

I just wonder if 5.3" is going to be too big. I will definitely be going to a store to handle one. Do you guys ever feel like browsing is difficult on the standard android phones in the 4.3 - 4.6" range?
[Reply]
Stephen 01:53 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
That is not the comparison I was talking about. I said iPhone versus all other smartphones. That chart shows iPhone against Android (which is many different smartphone vendors).
Sorry, I guess I'm not connecting the dots. How does what I linked not jive with what you stated?
The iPhone has 75% of the domestic smartphone market.
I cannot post the source (I work for an industry supplier) so maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut...
Fair enough.:-)
[Reply]
Stephen 01:54 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
I'm sure I don't want another iPhone. I've used android and am fine with the software. I'm not loyal to any company really and dig change from time to time.

I just wonder if 5.3" is going to be too big. I will definitely be going to a store to handle one. Do you guys ever feel like browsing is difficult on the standard android phones in the 4.3 - 4.6" range?
I don't have any issue with viewability with mine.
[Reply]
Digs 06:14 PM 02-16-2012
Last I heard apple had sold over 150 million I phones, at the end of the day every smart phone wants to be the I phone . :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 06:41 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by Digs:
Last I heard apple had sold over 150 million I phones, at the end of the day every smart phone wants to be the I phone . :-)
No they don't, they want to offer options other than the IPhone. Specifically, Google wanted to offer an open source operating system.
I've never owned an IPhone so I can't speak to them. I've used 3 different Motorola Droids and the battery life issues on all Android phones can be alleviated with a custom ROM. Granted not everyone is comfortable messing with their phone in that way. But I have a little geek in me and I like tinkering with my phone.
I agree with what Shane said, they both have pros and cons. I'm sure every one of us could name something we wish was better, or had on our phone.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:28 PM 02-16-2012
I got a Jitterbug so y'all can suck it. :-)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:34 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Is that a pager? :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 08:32 AM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I hear a good dose of antibiotics from your doctor should cure that. :-)
[Reply]
ApexAZ 08:37 PM 02-19-2012
Well, I bought the Galaxy Note and so far it's great! It is huge, still seems to fit in my pocket just fine. Talking will be awkward, but fortunately most of my calls are made from my truck, which has Bluetooth. I will most likely carry my other hands free Bluetooth as well. Sweet phone!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:16 AM 01-03-2013
I recently upgrade and switched from an iPhone4 to the Note2.
Wow this phone is awesome, best phone I ever had.
I am used to the size already, man those iphones and my android work phone are soo microscopic now.
[Reply]
omowasu 08:21 AM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I recently upgrade and switched from an iPhone4 to the Note2.
Wow this phone is awesome, best phone I ever had.
I am used to the size already, man those iphones and my android work phone are soo microscopic now.
Agreed 100%, I have used every phone on the market pretty extensively and the best phone for the money right now is the Galaxy Note 2. If you can deal with the slightly larger footprint, it is the one to get. And battery life is great on the Note 2 as well.
[Reply]
jjmitchem 12:13 PM 01-03-2013
I've had an iPhone for two years now. Just got an android tablet for Christmas and now I am thinking about changing to the Samsung SIII for my upgrade in a few months
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up