Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Whitney Houston RIP
Ashcan Bill 02:04 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I think Jim will be saddened to hear this. :-)
He's definitely gonna be bumming.
[Reply]
OLS 04:09 PM 02-12-2012
Two ironies in this news. One is just a personal one, New Edition was in town last night with a
"we really need the money" reunion tour, so that was kind of weird. Bobby Brown decided an
hour before showtime that he would go on with the rest of the guys.

Secondly, how weird is it that Maya Rudolph is the next host of SNL either next weekend
or in the weeks to come shortly. She always PLAYED Whitney Houston in the past. This must
surely be her 9/11 moment for the show...Should she DO W.H. or not? Strange sitcho for sure.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:17 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Secondly, how weird is it that Maya Rudolph is the next host of SNL either next weekend
or in the weeks to come shortly. She always PLAYED Whitney Houston in the past. This must
surely be her 9/11 moment for the show...Should she DO W.H. or not? Strange sitcho for sure.
She hosts this week. My bet is that she may mention Houston, but won't play her.
[Reply]
shilala 04:40 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Correction. She almost had it all... Sorry, couldn't help myself.:-)
Exactly. One small step could have picked her up and let her lead an incredible life. She had so much talent to make so many people happy.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 06:06 PM 02-12-2012
LOL...JOHN Belushi. Jim is alive and well. My faux pas.
[Reply]
Stephen 04:58 AM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
Exactly. One small step could have picked her up and let her lead an incredible life. She had so much talent to make so many people happy.
While you're no doubt spot on, I instead was going for the cheap laugh by referencing one of her songs...:-)
[Reply]
Stephen 04:59 AM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by Jasonw560:
LOL...JOHN Belushi. Jim is alive and well. My faux pas.
Now THAT is up for debate.:-)
[Reply]
Stephen 05:23 AM 02-13-2012
I've read several unsubstantiated reports that her ingestion of prescription medication (Xanax was specifically mentioned) and booze either directly (died from overdose) or indirectly (overdose cause her to drown) led to her death. All I can do is look back and shake my head at the waste of such a God-given talent...
[Reply]
J.Rawls 10:50 AM 02-13-2012
So sad. Its even sadder she was dating Ray J at the time.
[Reply]
ade06 11:42 AM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by J.Rawls:
So sad. Its even sadder she was dating Ray J at the time.
I read that too. WTF is Ray J thinking... I guess he was getting his cougar on. RIP Ms. Houston.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up