Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Cigar shops in Sao Paulo?
Chainsaw13 03:09 PM 02-08-2012
I'll be in SP for a few weeks for work. Does anyone know of reputable cigar shops? Ill be staying in the Ibirapuera area. Hopefully work doesn't get to in the way to experience some of the Carnivale celebration.
[Reply]
floydpink 08:03 PM 02-08-2012
There are 2 Davidoff stores and a great cigar lounge on the top floor of the Grande Hyatt downtown, I think on Rua Paulista but need to check. The one Davidoff is in the Jardim section.

The duty free store in Guarullos (sp) airport has a good selection of Habanos. It used to be a good deal paying with reals before the dollar took a big dive.

Very cigar friendly city.

Brazil is so much fun, but keep your wits about you as it can be dangerous as a tourist after dark, especially with no Portuguese skills.

If work permits, you really should try to spend at least a couple days in Rio.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:15 PM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by floydpink:
There are 2 Davidoff stores and a great cigar lounge on the top floor of the Grande Hyatt downtown, I think on Rua Paulista but need to check. The one Davidoff is in the Jardim section.

The duty free store in Guarullos (sp) airport has a good selection of Habanos. It used to be a good deal paying with reals before the dollar took a big dive.

Very cigar friendly city.

Brazil is so much fun, but keep your wits about you as it can be dangerous as a tourist after dark, especially with no Portuguese skills.

If work permits, you really should try to spend at least a couple days in Rio.
Thanks for the info Taki. Unfortunately Rio is out, unless I want to pay for it (which I don't).
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:25 PM 02-08-2012
Just looked on google maps and found a Davidoff shop not that far from the hotel, on Rua Normandia. Looks to be less than 1km away. There's also a LCDH even closer. I'm liking this. :-)
[Reply]
floydpink 06:54 AM 02-09-2012
Only problem about Sao Paulo is with traffic, a km can take a week to travel!

The sheer size of the city is amazing.
[Reply]
Up