Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Choosing a box for an upcoming baby
DMK 11:36 AM 02-05-2012
Congrats !:-)
I have boxes from the years all three of mine were born. They get lit sparingly and the remainder will go up in smoke on the wedding days.:-)
In my case CC are an option....:-)
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 11:36 AM 02-05-2012
I tried to do this with my first child. Bought a box of BBFs when he was born with the intent of smoking one a year on his b-day. Well, I have probably 10 or so left, but the problem is he hasn't even turned SEVEN yet. Whoops. I didn't have the financial means at the time, but my advice is to buy two boxes: one box to "stick to the annual program with" and the other box to maybe "cheat a little" when you get the urge to smoke something special.
[Reply]
Poronico 07:25 PM 02-05-2012
They come in boxes of 10 actually :-)

Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
The 45s are definitely a nice cigar, but those only come in boxes of 12 correct? If you are looking for a real nice cigar I would recommend the Ashton VSG's. In my experience these cigars age extremely well; however, you need to pick something you like. Try some different things before the baby is born because you still have time! Good luck!!

[Reply]
JenksAnejo 08:25 PM 02-05-2012
That's a shame! Wish I had the cash to smoke those on the reg.
[Reply]
ktblunden 09:41 AM 02-06-2012
Congrats man! I'm in the same boat right now. Our first is due in July and I've been contemplating picking up a box of something to smoke on their birthday every year (as well as grabbing something to pass out to friends to commemorate the birth). I've been thinking of getting a box of My Fathers for obvious reasons, though I might end up going with some CC shorts just to ensure they age really well.
[Reply]
tengel78 02:21 PM 02-06-2012
So many different ideas. All of them are good though. I'm just going to have to try them all!
[Reply]
shilala 02:53 PM 02-06-2012
Most of all, Congratulations!!! :-)

Secondly, most nc's don't age well. They just go flat. There are exceptions, but it's the way of the road.
If you can find a nice cab of cc's from this year, there ya go. You've got excellent aging potential for the short term and can vaccuum seal the rest (in the cab) for the long term.
You'll all have some real nice smoking ahead. :-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 06:48 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by tengel78:
I recently found out that my wife is pregnant and I thought it would be cool to buy a special box of cigars and I could have one on the kids birthday every year up until their 20th. I will also probably buy another box of different cigars to give out to friends and family.
Has anyone ever done this? Have any suggestions on what I should buy?
Great idea.

I don't plan on having kids for a few more years but I will definitely keep this in mind :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up