Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Eddie Ortega resigns from EO Brands
tx_tuff 01:37 PM 02-01-2012
And forms his own company Ortega Cigars.

You can find the press release here http://www.acigarsmoker.com/2012/01/...brands-cigars/

And here is the website to his new cigars http://www.ortegacigars.com/ looks like some of the site is not working yet.

So really cool things going on. He says he is planing on making affordable priced everyday cigars and not LE stuff, also will be selling cigars straight from his site with 50% of the cost going to different charities supporting the troops.

Eddie is a good guy and I wish him much success! And I'm ready to try one of these smokes.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:40 PM 02-01-2012
Uh oh...a bit worried about what is going to happen to my tasty 601 Blues.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:44 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
The other part of EO Brands Erik Espinosa is now the president. I'm sure as of right now anyway things will stay the same. My Father Cigars still makes the cigars for EO.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:44 PM 02-01-2012
I see this as a good thing, this will help with too many hads in the pot, + no LE's which is always good and it means more smokes for all of us.

Anyone had Erik's Edoble which is a exclusive from Smokeinn? I bought a 5er and gave 2 out, just haven't tried them yet.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 01:57 PM 02-01-2012
I had my first 601 blue last night. It was really good. Peppery through the whole smoke, but not overbearing. Great, smooth, sweet maduro flavors. Tasty!
[Reply]
DaBear 02:06 PM 02-01-2012
I wouldn't worry till we get an announcement that Pepin has stop blending them. If that day comes it will be a sad day for all us 601 fans.
[Reply]
chaase321 02:10 PM 02-01-2012
well...with the 50+ boxes you have of them, I'm sure you will have enough time to find a new smoke before those run out :-) You can try the ones that were recently sent to you :-)
[Reply]
Boz 03:41 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
I had my first 601 blue last night. It was really good. Peppery through the whole smoke, but not overbearing. Great, smooth, sweet maduro flavors. Tasty!
Originally Posted by DaBear:
I wouldn't worry till we get an announcement that Pepin has stop blending them. If that day comes it will be a sad day for all us 601 fans.
I've yet to have one. If there's a possibility that they will change, I may need to snag a box or two
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:03 PM 02-01-2012
Good luck Eddie Ortega!!!:-)
[Reply]
cigardan 02:32 PM 02-03-2012
Good luck to them both. I'm looking forward to trying Eddie's new brands.
[Reply]
darkninja67 06:40 AM 02-04-2012
Good luck to Eddie and the rest of them. Always liked the Greens.
[Reply]
Up