Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Weekend Mini Quests
Da Klugs 06:43 PM 01-22-2012
So Jane goes to see her sister for the day. I'm left alone with nothing really on the weekend agenda.

Got up at noon. Coffee, paper, exercise... puttered around. Decided to go get the drycleaning. Janes stuff was there but not mine. Asked them to check again. OH are you G Klugman? Big smile and aske her to check. My stuff.

Hit zoup for dinner. Had them add chicken to the "Dave Salad" and upped the soup to a cup.

Walked out towards the car. Took aleft and went into office max. Talked to the guy about a color laser printer but wanted one with a scanner which they didnt have.

Hit the car and headed home. ALmost home and rmembered I was out of 2mg Happy gum (fruit chill Nicorette). Drove to Walmart. THey were out last week of all sizes and particularly the 160 count so figured restocked by now. Wrong - still out.

Left and sat in the car for minute. 6pm on a Saturday and no plan. Thought about it and decided this was the time. Fridya night I had researched where I could find some SIerra MIst Diet cranberry splash. Had bought some a couple months ago, loved it and couldnt find it again at Giant Eagle or anywhere else. Seached and found out it was seasonal fall only. FOund a link to target.. they sell it. Checked inventory and of the 6 stores on the west side 4 had some and one was flush.

Sooo Sierra MIst quest with 2mg nicorette as an added bonus time.

Avon Lake - No sierra mist, no 2mg nicorette

So I drive to Rocky river - Avon Lake - No sierra mist, no 2mg nicorette. Got a medium at Starbucks though.

So I drive 25 miles to Strongsville. Cant find the target so walk into the Giant Eagle there for directions. Get them and decide to check there just in case... Score, 12 2 liter bottles of SMDCS. No nicorette though.

Happy but not satisfied with the SM quantity and still in need of nicorette. Drove a couple miles to Taerget - no SM no Nicorette. THis was the store that showed full inventory of the SM.

Walked out kind of miffed. Noticed a Heinens across the parking lot. Drove over there. 9 SM in stock yea. NO nicorette though.

Coffee is still warm. Startdriving home but decide to head towrds downtown cleve, to steelyard commons forthe last targeted ... target. 20 miles later.... They have 1- 2 liter bottle of SM but 4 100 ct 2m nicorette... whew.

Headed out got home around 9:30 satisfied.

It's the little things.
[Reply]
MrClean 06:55 PM 01-22-2012
The great quest for gum and soda!! :-)
[Reply]
forgop 07:24 PM 01-22-2012
They have the very elusive 2 mg Nicorette gum here:

http://www.amazon.com/Nicorette-Gum-...7285251&sr=8-2

Subscribe and save even more. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:32 PM 01-22-2012
Why do you chew Nicorette? Is this a weight-loss device to speed up the metabolism??
[Reply]
shilala 08:04 AM 01-23-2012
Way to stick it to the Man, Dave. :-)
If you'd have only gotten 7 pieces in your 6 piece McNugget, it would have been a truly banner day.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:07 AM 01-23-2012
Sounds like a good time Dave :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:15 AM 01-23-2012
I have been on similar quests before and I admire your determination to find your items :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 09:25 AM 01-23-2012
Nice review. Thanks. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:10 AM 01-23-2012
Bring us a shrubbery!!

Something nice, not too expensive....
[Reply]
Da Klugs 10:50 AM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Why do you chew Nicorette? Is this a weight-loss device to speed up the metabolism??
There are 2 possible answers.. you choose:

1. Because I am addicted to it. Been chewing it for 10 years.
2. For the last decade I have had a plan for "herf domination". Slowly building up my nicotine tolerance to levels that would be toxic to mere mortals. Puff puff passing? Lets do another round. Full nasal exhale of a punch SS # 2 No problem lets smoke the whole thing together.

:-)

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Bring us a shrubbery!!

Something nice, not too expensive....

I have always been firmly committed to blue as my favorite color.

Do you know the airspeed of an unladen swallow? :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 11:01 AM 01-23-2012
Sounds more like an Epic Quest rather than Mini :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 01:10 PM 01-23-2012
Your perseverance paid off...way to not give up! :-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:32 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Do you know the airspeed of an unladen swallow? :-)
An African or European swallow?
[Reply]
Up