Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>iPhone 4s cases??
awsmith4 09:09 AM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
The defender is bulky, so much so that it doesn't fit comfortably in my pocket (or am I just happy to see you?).

I liked the Otterbox Commuter for the 3gs, but it isn't as good for the 4/4s. Still, it's pretty darn good protection and enough thinner than the defender that it does go in my pocket fine.
My wife (4s) and I (4) both have the commuter and its a great case. My first had some issues with the rubber part stretching but the new one and the one she has fit perfectly. My only complaint is that it can't dock with the cover on.
[Reply]
Wanger 09:42 AM 01-17-2012
Otterbox defender here, too, on my 4. Had it for several months, and no issues at all. As for it being too big to fit in a pocket, are all of you small guys or are you all emos who just wear skinny jeans? I've never had an issue with that. :-)
[Reply]
Beagleone 10:12 AM 01-17-2012
I prefer the Otterbox Commuter, because of the protection of the port and that it is slimmer than the Defender. I've had the Incase case on my my old iPhone 3 when it committed suicide by jumping into a glass of water.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 10:15 AM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
We just got a 4s and went with the otterbox as for previous iPhones. No one says that you have to use the clip. We don't.
Ditto. Threw clip part in drawer. Haven't used a phone clip in years. They ALL break on me. I can take otter box covered phone in and out of pocket easily. I don't usually keep iPhone in pants pocket while sitting, though. But again, I never kept other cell phones in pocket while sitting, either
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 01:07 PM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
My wife (4s) and I (4) both have the commuter and its a great case. My first had some issues with the rubber part stretching but the new one and the one she has fit perfectly. My only complaint is that it can't dock with the cover on.
They may have made some changes, but the rubber was definitely a complaint when I was using one right after the 4 came out. Also, the plastic on mine broke where the headphone jack is (it wasn't dropped, and I'm not sure when it broke as I just looked down and it was broken one day).

Otterbox is a great company though, one phone call and they had a replacement in the mail. Still, compared the the commuter for the 3gs, the one for the four isn't that great.
[Reply]
jwintosh 01:09 PM 01-17-2012
the defender i purchased was the hybrid. sounds like they addressed a few issues they had with the original 4 model.
[Reply]
yachties23 01:09 PM 01-17-2012
Just got a belkin sleeve from Target for 23 bucks.

its perfect from the 4Gs.
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 01:41 PM 01-17-2012
Oakley makes 2 cases any clue on those?
[Reply]
jledou 02:00 PM 01-17-2012
I have the Otterbox on mine. Bulky yes, but no real complaints so far as I am moving from a Blackberry into an iphone.
[Reply]
jwintosh 01:20 PM 01-24-2012
my otterbox defender case came in yesterday. no complaints thus far.
[Reply]
shilala 02:10 PM 01-24-2012
I've been using Otterbox Defenders for a couple years now and everyone in the family uses them. I get them 2 for about $25 shipped on ebay or Amazon. I buy the no-clip versions. I don't need them, and for about $12.50 a case, it can't be beat. :-)
[Reply]
Black Coral 03:18 PM 01-24-2012
Look into the new case from lifeproof case has been great. Worth the price full waterproof but completely accessible for all features of phone.
[Reply]
xlc12rf 05:34 PM 01-24-2012
Magpul makes two fantastic cases. Helps that I'm a gun guy, but I love mine.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up